Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 04 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 15:51
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Weird behavior of Healing Brush, Clone Tool

olafs ­ osh
I am a nice and fluffy dude
Joined Apr 2012
Latvia and Lithuania
Nov 04, 2017 15:51 |  #1

hey!

I rarely process 16-bit TIFFs, usually stick with 8-bit ones, but still this never happened.

If I use Healing Brush or Clone Tool, either on the new layer or the same one, the brush leaves an outline. Any ideas?

Funny thing is, the moment I switched to 8-bits, problem disappeared.

Maybe it's an obvious thing I am missing?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

Capn ­ Jack
Joined Mar 2010
NE USA
Nov 04, 2017 16:00 |  #2

I'm assuming this is photoshop? What version, computer, & operating system?

USA members- don't let the airlines buy the air traffic control system: http://www.atcnotforsa​le.com/ (external link)

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
I am a nice and fluffy dude
Joined Apr 2012
Latvia and Lithuania
Nov 04, 2017 16:12 |  #3

Yeah, PS, sorry :]

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.0.0 20150529.r.88 x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

P.S. Just in case I will add, that brush softness doesn't play a role here - even on 1% I get this result.

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Nov 04, 2017 20:39 |  #4

How many layers are you using in total, and where in the image are you picking up the lighter colour from? i would suggest that you may well have an odd blend mode selected, either/or/and for both the layer itself, and the Clone tool, which can both have their own blend modes independently. posting a screen shot of your Ps window would be much better for us to help you with this.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

449 views & 0 likes for this thread
Weird behavior of Healing Brush, Clone Tool
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.