I have an 80D on route replacing my XSi, and looking to extend the reach of my current setup.
Currently i have: 1
* 15-85 f3.5-5.6
* 50 f1.8
* 18-55 f3.5-5.6 (XSi kit)
With the kids getting old and into more events, i'd like to get shots from a distance.
From the research I've done so far and my budget <= $500 CAD, here are my considerations:
* Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6 DI VC USD ($300 CAD used)
* Canon 55-250 f4-5.6 IS STM ($250 CAD new, on-sale)
* Canon 70-200 f4L non-IS ($500 CAD used)
* Odd time i'll do video, would the Tamron be silent like the STM?
* non-IS L, would i regret this in lens with the lack of reach (vs 250 and 300) and lack of IS; especially when indoors?
I'm leaning towards the Tamron, as the image quality in reviews seems to be 'comparable' to the f4L, and has higher quality build construction when compared to the 55-250.
Any input or other lens to consider would be appreciated.