Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 06 Nov 2017 (Monday) 11:43
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Flashpoint R2 Pro Trigger

suave ­ photos
Joined May 2016
Nov 06, 2017 11:43 |  #1

Hello all, I have 2 YONGNUO YN600EX-RT II Wireless Flash for Canon and I would like to know if the new Flashpoint R2 Pro Trigger will work with them?

Thanks

agv8or
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
Midwest
Nov 06, 2017 23:49 |  #2

The Godox/Flashpoint Pro transmitter IS NOT directly compatible with the Canon Wireless RT system with either Canon RT or Yongnuo RT flash units.

You would need an X1R-c receiver for each RT Speedlite to allow communication between the Pro transmitter and RT flash. Then there would be the past issue of the Yongnuo and Godox flash products not playing well together. Not sure if this issue has been resolved with the new version of the YN600EX-RT II but the original version of the YN600EX-RT did not always function properly when connected to the an X1R-c receiver.

Best bet would be to buy compatible Godox/Flashpoint flash units if you should choose to use the Godox/Flashpoint Wireless system.

Rand

Gear

suave ­ photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2016
Nov 07, 2017 09:44 as a reply to agv8or's post |  #3

Thanks for the information, I guess will start to phase out my Yongnuo flash and move into the Godox system!

Thanks

648 views & 0 likes for this thread
Flashpoint R2 Pro Trigger
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.