Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk DIY & Customizing
Thread started 06 Nov 2017 (Monday) 15:34
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

MFA Using Spyderlenscal Question

david.g.photo84
28 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Nov 06, 2017 15:34 |  #1

Hello,

I just got my 6D back from B&H after exchanging the first one and had a question. I have just received a Spyderlenscal and took a shot at using it, but it was difficult to see exactly where the sharpest point on the chart was when viewing on my laptop. I could see that the top and bottom numbers were pretty blurry and it was difficult for me to see exactly where the sharpest point on the chart was. Has anyone else had this issue? I will admit that I was indoors and used my Yongnuo on camera to light the target since it was late and I don't have sufficient light indoors. The 6D was on a tripod at approximately the same level as the target.

Thank you,

David

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,221 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been edited 11 days ago by TeamSpeed.
Nov 06, 2017 15:37 |  #2

You can only do MFA when you have sufficient light to a) have a very fast shutter speed so that motion doesn't introduce error and b) have your lens wide open and/or your distance enough to create a thin DOF to make the adjustments.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

david.g.photo84
THREAD ­ STARTER
28 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Nov 06, 2017 17:01 as a reply to TeamSpeed's post |  #3

Thanks for the tip! The 6D sync speed is under 200, but I felt that having it on a tripod and using the 2 sec delay would be sufficient. I was using my 24-105 F4 and at the wide end I was about 2 ft away and at the telephoto end was about 10 feet away, but the numbers/lines didn't seem very blurry so it was hard for me to identify the sharpest point. I'll try it again during daylight and see if I get different results. The primary reason for me doing it inside is becuse the inside of my house is flat compared to everywhere outside of my house.

86 views & 0 likes for this thread
MFA Using Spyderlenscal Question
FORUMS General Gear Talk DIY & Customizing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.