Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 07 Nov 2017 (Tuesday) 09:26
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #663 - Up and Down the River

teekay
Goldmember
2,588 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Nov 14, 2017 13:25 |  #16

Wow, I truly never expected to win this one, thinking almost every other entry was better than mine, taken in Yellowstone years ago with my old G1.

I'll get a new challenge up as soon as I think of a subject:rolleyes:

sponsored links
Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Nov 14, 2017 13:30 |  #17

Congrats to Teekay :-)

Martin
I'm not a gear guy but I have a tons of software :-)

teekay
Goldmember
2,588 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Nov 14, 2017 13:44 |  #18

OK - new challenge now up.

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,640 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Nov 14, 2017 13:57 |  #19

Congrats to Teekay & the runners up. My river runs from Sequoia Natl Park down through the foothills & into farmland. It was pitiful during the drought but last spring it started to pick up some movement with the snow melt.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Nov 14, 2017 15:28 |  #20

Congratulations to teekay, Stigma, Trumper and Carlo! Great photos all! In fact this was another tough set of entries to judge! Thanks Steve for a great contest and some great judging! My favorite this week was Martin's (Stigma) scenic river view...made me want to grab my walking shoes and get going!

My photo was taken from the Amtrak Observation Car of the Allegheny River in Pennsylvania on a recent trip to Chicago :-)

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,588 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Nov 14, 2017 15:52 |  #21

Kudos to teekay and runners-up. Some fine competition this week. Nicely done.

Mark J.
Gear

Spoco57
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Mar 2013
Allegany County, NY
Nov 14, 2017 17:21 |  #22

JimAskew wrote in post #18496445 (external link)
Congratulations to teekay, Stigma, Trumper and Carlo! Great photos all! In fact this was another tough set of entries to judge! Thanks Steve for a great contest and some great judging! My favorite this week was Martin's (Stigma) scenic river view...made me want to grab my walking shoes and get going!

My photo was taken from the Amtrak Observation Car of the Allegheny River in Pennsylvania on a recent trip to Chicago :-)

That's really interesting Jim. My wife and I did a bike ride along the Allegheny this summer and that bridge reminded me of one we went past on our way down the river. That's why I mentioned PA as a place of iron bridges. If I'd known, you'd have gotten bonus points! Oh well, next time. :)

CarloY
673 posts
Joined Sep 2009
Post has been edited 4 days ago by CarloY.
Nov 15, 2017 01:44 |  #23

Congrats Teekay, Stiga, & Trumper.
Many great entries this week. Thanks Steve for hosting... and drawing the interest.

The Columbia River is somewhat huge and long, so it would be possible, given time and legwork, to capture so many varied scenes and perspectives. This photo was taken from a roadside rest-stop area overlooking the Eastern or middle-section of the river. This was in late-August 2015, and taken just a few days after the massive wildfires spread throughout Washington state -- so the air was heavy with smoke and in places the sunshine hardly made it through to cast a shadow. The image and exposure out of the camera was good quality but undramatic, so some heavy-handed (but quick & simple) PP was prescribed.:-|

Cheers.
Carlo

G9's... enthusiast and hobby clicker... toying w/ Canon 2x Tele & Raynox .7x Wide.

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Nov 15, 2017 04:27 |  #24

JimAskew wrote in post #18496445 (external link)

Thanks Jim - but may I point out that my pen-name is Stiga, not Stigma!!!!

Martin
I'm not a gear guy but I have a tons of software :-)

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Nov 15, 2017 08:46 |  #25

Stiga wrote in post #18496875 (external link)
Thanks Jim - but may I point out that my pen-name is Stiga, not Stigma!!!!

Oops, sorry...fat fingers is my lame excuse :-( :lol:

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

sponsored links

1,068 views & 9 likes for this thread
POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #663 - Up and Down the River
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.