Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 07 Nov 2017 (Tuesday) 15:14
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Black Friday Camera?

Houston1852
192 posts
Joined Apr 2012
Nov 07, 2017 15:14 |  #1

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I'd try here. I've never done much Black Friday shopping but I was wondering if there's a chance I might find a deal on a Canon 5D3 and where I might see a deal on one?
I appreciate any help!
Ryan

sponsored links
Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,583 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Nov 07, 2017 17:14 |  #2

It has been a few years, but I got my 6D at Best Buy at Christmas-time in 2012 for a really good price. You may want to consider Canon refurbished gear, also.

Tom

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,109 posts
Joined Mar 2012
By The Lake in Big D
Nov 07, 2017 21:20 |  #3

Last year I saved $200 on a refurbished 5D3 from a Canon black Friday sale.

jay125
Monkey Shoulder
Joined Dec 2010
Nov 09, 2017 16:39 |  #4

I've always read about great deals at BestBuy on Camera gear, including the camera. My nearest one is lacking, to be nice about it, in what they stock. I did find another BestBuy about 45 minutes from my house that actually has great gear. It's where I bought my 5DIV and a couple lenses. I don't know about Black Friday deals, but I'll watch and see, I guess. I really don't need any more gear.

gear
feedback

500px.com (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Nov 09, 2017 17:15 |  #5

this is the answer to your question: https://www.canonprice​watch.com/ (external link)

they will notify you via email and text too, i think.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

mikeinctown
Goldmember
1,961 posts
Joined May 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Nov 13, 2017 13:45 |  #6

Rather than wait for Canon Price Watch I'd simply sign up for the email lists of those companies you want to do business with. Adorama. B&H, Mpex, etc all have email lists to sign up for. By contrast I have signed up for email notifications from CPW before and to date still have yet to receive a single email.

Also, If it is a lens you are looking for, check out Greentoe and see if you can put in an offer. May just get something at the price you want.

Canon EOS 1D X | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM | Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C |

PhotoPrice
173 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Nov 13, 2017 14:32 |  #7

mikeinctown wrote in post #18495556 (external link)
Rather than wait for Canon Price Watch I'd simply sign up for the email lists of those companies you want to do business with. Adorama. B&H, Mpex, etc all have email lists to sign up for. By contrast I have signed up for email notifications from CPW before and to date still have yet to receive a single email.

Please fill out our contact form (external link) and get in-touch with us (or you can send me a PM on the forum with your e-mail address), we'll figure out why you're not receiving CPW e-mails. Our notification system surely works as we have tens of thousands of other readers successfully receiving e-mails. It could be your ISP blocking us silently or some spam filtering going on.

It is useful to sign-up for both us as well as retailers directly (if you can tolerate the volume of e-mail). We will often have CPW-exclusive deals, and retailers will occasionally have e-mail only private deals for their subscribers.

sponsored links

782 views & 0 likes for this thread
Black Friday Camera?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.