Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner
Thread started 08 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 01:07
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

The Veiled Girl

Mkl
Joined Nov 2017
Post has been last edited 11 days ago by Mkl. 2 edits done in total.
Nov 08, 2017 01:07 |  #1

Another view of a girl in a sling with a decorative patch. Outdoor portrait, natural light. Archeaological Festival in Biskupin.

Critiques and comments are welcome! Thank you.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon EOS 40D + Grip, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM, flickr (external link)
Critiques and comments are always welcome.

sponsored links
DagoImaging
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2012
Nov 08, 2017 07:10 |  #2

19 photos posted in the Critique area back to back....are you really looking for critique or just displaying photos?

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M

Mkl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 08, 2017 08:44 as a reply to DagoImaging's post |  #3

Thank you for your comment. I'm a new here, please understand it. I'm trying to understand how this site works. I'm looking here for critique to my photos and I'm looking here for displaying photos.

DagoImaging
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2012
Nov 08, 2017 09:25 |  #4

I understand. The fact that you posted so many photos lead me to believe you are displaying your photos which, to me means they should be in the people forum with a couple images per thread...created a themed thread.

The critique forum is when you are specifically wanting critique on an image where you are quite not sure if it is technically correct or wonder what could be done better.

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M

Mkl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 08, 2017 09:36 as a reply to DagoImaging's post |  #5

Maybe I will create a new post here - Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment ➔ People, for example an Event People Portraits and I will display these portraits there, I will think about it.

HodjPodj
44 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Denver/USA
Nov 08, 2017 10:02 |  #6

Great photo, but to me it is slightly out of focus. The model is beautiful and her eyes are trying to tell me a story but I don't really see anything in perfect focus. Would have loved those eyes to pop out at me. I did just turn 40 so my eyes might be failing me! lol

Old Town Photo
Gear: Canon 6d, Canon T2i (Self modded, LPF2 removed/replaced with Baader IR Cut Filter for Astro), Canon EF 100mm f/2, Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 for Canon, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 for Canon, and saving for Canon EF 100-400mm IS ii, Gitzo GT1532 Mountaineer tripod w/Gitzo GH1382QD Ballhead.

Mkl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 08, 2017 10:04 as a reply to HodjPodj's post |  #7

Thank you for your answer. You have a right focus on face and on eyes is soft and could be better.

davesrose
Goldmember
2,856 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Nov 08, 2017 16:53 |  #8

I'd also say sharpness, but would also change your title. Girl In a Sling makes me think of a medical device. I'm guessing from the background it was a historic fashion show. I'd say The Veiled Girl. Headscarf also works.

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Nov 09, 2017 07:20 |  #9

Mkl wrote in post #18491713 (external link)
I'm a new here, please understand it. I'm trying to understand how this site works.

I have noticed your many posts here in the past few days and your statement above is key.

You are new here and I think you will find that you are welcome here by most everyone, but it is important to take a little time not only to sort of get to know the forum but to get acquainted with the members. There are some tremendously talented and knowledgeable people here that can be very helpful. However, it seems to me that you might be trying a bit too hard to fit in too quickly.

You have been here for 3 days and you've generated more than 150 posts. Maybe just take some time to understand how each section works, how to respond to individual posts, don't be afraid to ask when in doubt.

And in case no one has said it yet, welcome. I hope you continue to participate.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob

sponsored links

442 views & 5 likes for this thread
The Veiled Girl
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.