Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial
Thread started 09 Nov 2017 (Thursday) 01:18
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Advise for this Fri

Shaun ­ Liddy
Joined Feb 2016
Nov 09, 2017 01:18 |  #1

A buddy and I are going to shoot south of Carmel but not quite to big Sir. I don't mind stiching as I have done that before for landscapes but advise is welcome.

I have never stacked, not sure what exactly is involved, is it similar to bracketing then basically doing similar to HDR with those images? I will need to educate myself a bit here.

Below is our gear list, no tracker. Curious to know what boddies you would arm with what lenses.

5d3
7d2
T4

New Irix 15mm 2.4 (comes in tomorrow)
Tokina 11-20 2.8
Tamron 24-70 2.8 g2

We will have all 3 on tripods.

I have 1 wireless trigger, the other two boddies will be on timers.

Live view will be used for focusing.

I assume turning live view off once focused and using mirror lock up is a good idea?

I understand the 500 rule is a good starting point to negate trailing.

Thinking 7d2 at ISO 1600 or so and same with the 5d3, but unsure of the T4, guessing the same.

First thought is:
T4 with Tokina
5d3 with Irix
7d2 with Tamron at 24mm or even 35mm for stiching - use wireless remote.

174 views & 0 likes for this thread
Advise for this Fri
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.