Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing
Thread started 11 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 10:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Camera Options...? Canon, Sony, Panasonic

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,570 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Nov 21, 2017 13:25 |  #16

SailingAway wrote in post #18500776 (external link)
I’m a real fan of Canon’s latest generations of Autofocus, they call it DPAF (Dual-Pixel AF). Some sort of phase difference detection using pixels that are used only for AF not for recording? I don’t know.

That in combination with face detection and touch-screen focus targeting is just plain awesome. I speak from decades of experience when working pros considered AF a toy. It’s really come of age.

I’ve not kept up with exactly which dSLRs and camcorders have the latest version (of course they keep on improving it), but the 80D for stills/video and the C100 Mk II as a cinematography camcorder that does dual duty into videography. The both have the latest Canon DPAF goodness.

But, action video can be a bit of a crapshoot, when things move fast cameras *and* camcorders can get confused. Um, so can I ;-)a

Just to comment on that--Canon's touchscreen focusing is a miracle I would not be able to operate without, unless I had an assistant focus-puller.

ShutterKlick
Joined Oct 2017
Nov 21, 2017 20:32 |  #17

RDKirk wrote in post #18501217 (external link)
Just to comment on that--Canon's touchscreen focusing is a miracle I would not be able to operate without, unless I had an assistant focus-puller.

Yeah, I wish my D5300 had it... wish it had touch screen for that matter! HA HA! I bought within my budget and forwent several nicities. But I still love my camera!!

Andrew

"Camera rich, Cash poor"
http://shutterklick.co​m (external link)

rantercsr
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2014
Nov 21, 2017 20:54 |  #18

outdoor you say? ..

gh5 would be my choice if I knew lighting would be good majority of time..

you can still use all your canon glass with an adapter or better yet a speed booster..

you'll get excellent 1080 video .. and excellent 4k video which would allow 4X crop and still get 1080 quality .. on top of in camera cropping which according to Panasonic doesn't affect IQ.. on top of all that you get what is considered the best (perhaps only beat by Olympus) in camera image stabilization !...

and the list goes on in terms of video capability ..

Canon / Fuji / Sony / Pentax (Gear subject to change by the minute )
https://www.instagram.​com/shotbypops/ (external link) MYflickr (external link)

3,572 views & 1 like for this thread
Camera Options...? Canon, Sony, Panasonic
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.