Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk
Thread started 16 Nov 2017 (Thursday) 16:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Formula 1 and camera gear

marsaz
203 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Lithuania
Nov 16, 2017 16:01 |  #1

Hey,
I'm going to the F1 race next weekend in Abu Dhabi. I bought general admission tickets and was wondering if there are any restrictions on what you can bring to the track when you're just a spectator. I've heard it was limited to "short" lenses and no DSLRs some time in the past (or am I making this up? -? ). I'm planning to bring my 6D and 70-200 f4 plus a couple of primes to the trip. I don't intend to capture anything great at the circuit. Just want to get some snaps for myself. I've tried looking for information on this online but failed to find anything. Earlier this year I was in Spain to watch the race there and noticed a bunch of people walking around with DSLR cameras and various lenses.

Have any of you been to an F1 race lately as a spectator? Are there limitations? Do you need to pay extra and get some kind of a pass for this? I just don't want to get denied access at the security check on arrival to the track :)

flickr (external link)
6D and glass

Graphix501
Joined Jul 2013
Northampton, UK
Nov 17, 2017 11:05 |  #2

Can’t speak for Abu Dhabi but Silverstone has no restrictions on spectator camera equipment for the F1, Up to and including this year

My Flickr!external link --- Website Fireproof-Creativeexternal link

208 views & 0 likes for this thread
Formula 1 and camera gear
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.