Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 20 Nov 2017 (Monday) 05:59
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Photoshop on more than 2 computers

Jocce
Joined Jun 2012
Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Nov 20, 2017 05:59 |  #1

I have the Photography Plan and I love it! :) Had it fore some years now.

And I've been running it on my desktop and my portable. No problem.

But at the moment I am using 3 systems, two Desktops and my Laptop. (Though the Laptop generally only is used during Travels etc).

So basically there is no problem of doing this, because I can log out the other computers at the I need to use the third (I never use any of these computers at the same time).

So I have two questions:

1. Is it allowed to have it installed on 3 computers, but only use it at one computer at the time?

2. If it is not allowed, do Adobe have any checks on this? So you can do it sometimes but if you do it all the time they will not allow it?

/Jocce

Feel free to correct my English. I'm from Sweden ;)

My Website (external link)
Fotointresse.se (external link)
Twitter (external link)

sponsored links
john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Nov 2009
The Rhubarb Triangle
Nov 20, 2017 08:20 |  #2

Jocce wrote in post #18500264 (external link)
I have the Photography Plan and I love it! :) Had it fore some years now.

And I've been running it on my desktop and my portable. No problem.

But at the moment I am using 3 systems, two Desktops and my Laptop. (Though the Laptop generally only is used during Travels etc).

So basically there is no problem of doing this, because I can log out the other computers at the I need to use the third (I never use any of these computers at the same time).

So I have two questions:

1. Is it allowed to have it installed on 3 computers, but only use it at one computer at the time?

2. If it is not allowed, do Adobe have any checks on this? So you can do it sometimes but if you do it all the time they will not allow it?

/Jocce

I've got it installed on three computers with no problems.

Those that can, do. Those that can't whinge.

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,942 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Indianapolis
Nov 20, 2017 19:32 |  #3

Adobe's policy allows you to install it on 2 computers.

Gear
Websiteexternal link

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Nov 21, 2017 05:19 |  #4

I thought with the move to CC that you could have it installed on as many computers as you liked, but that you could only log in on two at the same time. This kind of makes sense, since anyone can install the programs as a trial, and there is no compulsion to uninstall once the trial finishes, you just can't run them without having a paid up account. You should then be able to log in on anyone's computer, since it is the login that Adobe uses for managing licences now.

With the stand alone perpetual licences it was limited to two authorised installations.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Nov 21, 2017 07:13 |  #5

BigAl007 wrote in post #18500937 (external link)
I thought with the move to CC that you could have it installed on as many computers as you liked, but that you could only log in on two at the same time.

this is my understanding too.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,942 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Indianapolis
Nov 21, 2017 11:04 |  #6

It says you can only activate it on two computers at a time and must deactivate one in order to activate a 3rd. Are you guys installing it on 3 and activating/deactivatin​g it when you use it?

Gear
Websiteexternal link

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Nov 22, 2017 11:27 |  #7

ShotByTom wrote in post #18501126 (external link)
It says you can only activate it on two computers at a time and must deactivate one in order to activate a 3rd. Are you guys installing it on 3 and activating/deactivatin​g it when you use it?

With CC that is achieved by simply logging out on one system, so that you can login on another. The one thing to remember is that you have to actively log out, since the Adobe management app otherwise keeps you permanently logged in. This is why it is often suggested to logout/login to fix issues with various CC programs failing to start, or with upgrade issues.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

sponsored links

395 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photoshop on more than 2 computers
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.