Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial
Thread started 24 Nov 2017 (Friday) 17:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

The Sun today in Ha light

Celestron
Cream of the Crop
8,418 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
Texas USA
Dec 04, 2017 07:11 as a reply to post 18510117 |  #16

Seems to me with all the wealth of info you have gathered on different forums and here that You shouldn’t have to keep asking for help . All the info that Davenn has helped you with is correct but you still feel your findings are better so myself i think you should just buy your own findings and stop wasting time continuing to ask Davenn on and on about more info . If your going to do something just do it and stop wasting time dragging on topics .

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,695 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006
Ajman - UAE
Dec 04, 2017 10:34 |  #17

Celestron wrote in post #18510145 (external link)
Seems to me with all the wealth of info you have gathered on different forums and here that You shouldn’t have to keep asking for help . All the info that Davenn has helped you with is correct but you still feel your findings are better so myself i think you should just buy your own findings and stop wasting time continuing to ask Davenn on and on about more info . If your going to do something just do it and stop wasting time dragging on topics .

Ok, thanks!

And i am very sorry for asking too much, i apologize.

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/external link
Gear List
Facebookexternal link

Davenn
Joined Jun 2013
Sydney, Australia
Dec 05, 2017 00:43 |  #18

Tareq wrote in post #18510117 (external link)
Ok, i looked at this lnk, and it is showing Ha or Calcium filters and sure expensive, but i wasn't talking about those, i was talking about NB filters.

https://optcorp.com ...h-alpha-calcium-k-filters (external link)

One more time
well this is a solar thread and the talk IS ABOUT solar filters, but you still seem to ignore what I have been trying to teach you

Read this VERY CLEARLY

Deep space filters CANNOT be used for solar filters
Solar filters CANNOT be used for deep space filters

And here is narrowbanding filters

https://optcorp.com ...ctions/narrowband-filters (external link)

So if i am so confusing or lacking of knowledge then please tell those sites and stores to stop giving us wrong knowledge, and better you start a store so i can buy from you the right/correct items, or say the right category, and again, i wasn't trying to make you wrong, but all that confusing from me is to correct myself, and you did, but i just follow the sites naming, and the Ha filter i have is not narrow banding then they misled me.

Thanks again.

That link is for deep space filters and tho they are called narrow band filters and for optical deep space use, they are reasonably narrow band.
But again, they are VERY wide band compared to solar filters
They are also VERY cheap in comparison to solar filters

the stores there ARE NOT giving incorrect information ... you are just not understanding the difference

Dave

A picture is worth 1000 words ;)
Canon 5D3, 6D, 700D, a bunch of lenses and other bits, ohhh and some Pentax stuff ;)

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,695 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006
Ajman - UAE
Dec 05, 2017 06:58 |  #19

Davenn wrote in post #18510889 (external link)
One more time
well this is a solar thread and the talk IS ABOUT solar filters, but you still seem to ignore what I have been trying to teach you

Read this VERY CLEARLY

Deep space filters CANNOT be used for solar filters
Solar filters CANNOT be used for deep space filters

That link is for deep space filters and tho they are called narrow band filters and for optical deep space use, they are reasonably narrow band.
But again, they are VERY wide band compared to solar filters
They are also VERY cheap in comparison to solar filters

the stores there ARE NOT giving incorrect information ... you are just not understanding the difference

Dave

Ok, thanks!

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/external link
Gear List
Facebookexternal link

Tyguy
Joined Sep 2014
Calgary, Canada
Dec 05, 2017 13:45 |  #20

Wow. That is gorgeous! Very nice work!

-Tyler
flickr (external link)

633 views & 18 likes for this thread
The Sun today in Ha light
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.