Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup
Thread started 25 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 09:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

6dmk2 - wifi backup?

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,035 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Dec 08, 2017 10:34 |  #16

kaitanium wrote in post #18513395 (external link)
i was saying the entire card went kaput and i was able to rescue 898 of the 900.

Then it wasn't really kaput. The file system probably just got corrupted which is relatively easy to recover from. I've seen flash devices completely bricked. You plug it in and.....nothing. That's a much more expensive recovery, if it can be done at all.

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,897 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Sacramento/San Francisco USA
Dec 08, 2017 10:49 |  #17

mike_d wrote in post #18513405 (external link)
Then it wasn't really kaput. The file system probably just got corrupted which is relatively easy to recover from. I've seen flash devices completely bricked. You plug it in and.....nothing. That's a much more expensive recovery, if it can be done at all.

got it.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,936 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Dec 08, 2017 10:56 |  #18

I've not used the built in wifi yet, but if you are sending only medium sized jpegs to wifi then you could transfer to your phone.

Will the 6DII let you record multiple file sizes to the card, but only send one file size?

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,897 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Sacramento/San Francisco USA
Dec 08, 2017 11:47 |  #19

no idea really how the wifi works yet as I havent used it. My phone doesnt even have enough mem for this haha

cristphoto
817 posts
Joined Feb 2010
Maryland
Post has been edited 24 days ago by cristphoto.
Dec 22, 2017 16:29 |  #20

kaitanium wrote in post #18503763 (external link)
Does anyone know of an option out there where I can auto-backup as I shoot wirelessly to a harddrive (no computer or phone) of some sort in my backpack? Does my camera even allow something like this? Can the canon connect station do this?

Apples and oranges answer here but on one of the Canon web sites it shows a video of a portrait photographer sending files wireless during a shoot and he doesn't appear to be waiting on anything. This was for a 5D4 but since the 6D2 is newer I'd guess it has similar ability. I know when I send files from my 5D4 to my phone its pretty quick - only a second or two per photo. If you have the camera set up for RAW shooting to both cards it will automatically convert it to jpeg and send that. The file on the card remains RAW even though it sends a jpeg.

5D MKIV, 5D MKIII, 1D MKIV, 24L II, 35L, 50L, 85L II, 100L Macro, 135L, 300LIS, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200LIS, 100-400LIS

548 views & 0 likes for this thread
6dmk2 - wifi backup?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.