Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 26 Nov 2017 (Sunday) 02:05
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Photographer screw up

FTb
Joined Jun 2014
Nov 26, 2017 02:05 |  #1

The very first photoshoot for this lovely young lady and I screwed up.

The night before the shoot I'd been playing with cam ranger and wanted to set my camera to make both raw and jpg images. jpgs really speed up transfer time significantly over raw files. Also, I put sharpening of the jpgs at maximum just to see if it would be easier to tell what was in sharp focus and what was not.

Unfortunately, somehow my camera got set only to make jpgs. Things got hectic right before the shoot and I didn't double check, so the entire shoot was done only in jpg, and way over sharpened jpg at that.

Her skin was a mess because of the oversharpenign and shadow detail was almost nonexistent. Salvaged things as best i could by softening skin in post. Luckily this was just a fun shoot. Could kick myself.

Here are a couple from the shoot.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My flickrexternal link
Favorite lenses: Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS, 50/1.2L, 85/1.2L II, 135/2L, 70-200L IS II, TS-E 17mm f/4L

FTb
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2014
Nov 26, 2017 02:07 |  #2

The locale with my friend Jim and our model Amanda.

HOSTED PHOTO

One of the last shots of the day. She was very nervous at the beginning of the shoot but was beginning to relax here.

HOSTED PHOTO

My flickrexternal link
Favorite lenses: Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS, 50/1.2L, 85/1.2L II, 135/2L, 70-200L IS II, TS-E 17mm f/4L

506 views & 7 likes for this thread
Photographer screw up
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.