Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 27 Nov 2017 (Monday) 03:25
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

XPro (Flashpoint R2 Pro) Firmware Updates now on Godox site

dpe
177 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Wareham
Nov 27, 2017 03:25 |  #1

Nikon firmware 1.3

1.To restore the standby(sleep)function​;
2.To adjust the button function of“CH/Zm”:Zm means the short button while CH means the long button;
3.To restore the 0~30m wireless firing distance.
4.To restore the problem of the underexposed M value during the TCM process in certain circumstance.
5.To restore the sync problem in high-speed sync when only using D/E group

Canon Firmware 1.4

1.To restore the standby(sleep)function​;
2.To adjust the button function of“CH/Zm”:Zm means the short button while CH means the long button;
3.To restore the compatible problem with V860IIC;
4.To restore the 0~30m wireless firing distance.

sponsored links
Lotto
Goldmember
2,602 posts
Joined Mar 2005
Southern California
Nov 27, 2017 03:36 |  #2

Thanks. Now need a right cable for update.

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

dpe
THREAD ­ STARTER
177 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Wareham
Nov 27, 2017 11:30 |  #3

Make sure you have a USB type C cable to do the update

Mike

inkista
523 posts
Joined Oct 2007
San Diego, CA, USA
Post has been last edited 1 month ago by inkista. 7 edits done in total.
Nov 27, 2017 16:25 |  #4

Damn. No adding single-pin mode.

Lucky for me, the A1/M1 came with a USB C to USB A style cable. Wonder why they didn't include one for the XPro?

...and I can't upgrade. I keep getting a message from the G2 updater that the v1.4 .dfu file's in the wrong format.

_____
Addendum:

The firmware file on the Godox website doesn't work; the one on the Adorama site works just fine (I used the Godox G2 software, not the Flashpoint R2). Someone on dpreview mentioned that it's probably the Chinese two-byte characters in the folder/file names. Upgraded my TT685C to v3.3, and can confirm the short/long Zm/Ch works; ID codes work, and 0-30m setting for DIST works. And we can now turn off the two blinking LEDs indicating RF slave mode on a TT685C.

(sigh). I just wish my TT600s had firmware upgrade capability so they could do ID codes and turn off their LED blinking...

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

Big_Tyke
85 posts
Joined Feb 2010
Dec 09, 2017 15:36 |  #5

Thanks ! Got my firmware from Godox site, xpro now updated to V1.4 :-)

EricJrSax
Joined Sep 2013
Baltimore
Dec 11, 2017 21:26 |  #6

dpe wrote in post #18505156 (external link)
Make sure you have a USB type C cable to do the update

Mike

I've heard stories that all type C cables may not work. Is there a way to tell which do and which do not?

jay125
Nothing about me is regular.
10,213 posts
Gallery: 97 photos
Joined Dec 2010
Dec 11, 2017 22:18 |  #7

EricJrSax wrote in post #18515801 (external link)
I've heard stories that all type C cables may not work. Is there a way to tell which do and which do not?

To my knowledge, all C type cables should be the same. They are moving towards C and away from the mini. I'm using the C type cable from my Samsung Galaxy s8 with no issues.

feedback

inkista
523 posts
Joined Oct 2007
San Diego, CA, USA
Dec 12, 2017 00:48 |  #8

EricJrSax wrote in post #18515801 (external link)

Dunno. What I heard with the micro USB cables was that some of them are made to be charging-only cables, and don't carry data. Obviously, a charging-only cable won't work for firmware updating with Godox gear.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

High ­ Desert
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Oct 2017
Powell Butte, Or., USA
Jan 09, 2018 09:53 |  #9

Would be nice if Godox / Flashpoint would finally release firmware you can update on a MAC. I understand something is in the works, but in th meantime have to sneak in to use my wife PC laptop :-P

jlafferty
130 posts
Joined Feb 2017
NYC
Jan 09, 2018 10:17 as a reply to High Desert's post |  #10

Yeah! Lucky enough that it's a 10 minute visit to Adorama for me; and Adorama is on the way to my studio. But damn, I know it's not like there are a lot of photographers using Macs but there's definitely *a few* :D

Current Portfolio (external link)

inkista
523 posts
Joined Oct 2007
San Diego, CA, USA
Jan 10, 2018 23:48 |  #11

High Desert wrote in post #18537041 (external link)
Would be nice if Godox / Flashpoint would finally release firmware you can update on a MAC. I understand something is in the works, but in th meantime have to sneak in to use my wife PC laptop :-P

Meh. I'm on a Mac, and I update my Godox firmware using Windows 10 on a Bootcamp (external link) partition I can either boot into or run as a Parallels VM. Others want to do it for free (external link) and use VirtualBox (external link) and free Windows development disk images (external link)); others just buy a cheap Windows tablet (external link). There are workarounds.

sponsored links

2,382 views & 2 likes for this thread
XPro (Flashpoint R2 Pro) Firmware Updates now on Godox site
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.