Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
Thread started 27 Nov 2017 (Monday) 19:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lake Superior Winter Photography north shore

Epphoto
Goldmember
1,383 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Nov 27, 2017 19:20 |  #1

Is anyone here can detect me and help me with places I can shoot in the winter time?
Or is any book i can get to winter guide to photograpy in the lake
Thank you

Get ready for a photographic journey of discovery, incredible beauty,and culture come see the world through my lens
www.epphoto.net

sponsored links
EOlsenPhoto
409 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 05, 2017 20:14 |  #2

What area do you plan on covering? What types of images are you looking for? I would say the "north shore" of Minnesota is pretty fantastic. Thunder bay has some gems then traveling clockwise by land I would suggest spending some time around Lake Superior Provincial Park "true north shore". Access in the wintertime can be tricky depending on where you are heading.

Erik
ErikOlsenPhoto.com

Epphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,383 posts
Joined Nov 2006
Post edited 4 months ago by Epphoto.

Dec 12, 2017 20:00 as a reply to  @ EOlsenPhoto's post |  #3

Thank you for your help my friend
Thinking to hit north shore Split Rock Lighthouse And up to a place with the cave in the water located, more choises i get better it will be
I like to ask local photographers they always help out on locations,I do the same with questions for Pittsburgh
Thank you

Get ready for a photographic journey of discovery, incredible beauty,and culture come see the world through my lens
www.epphoto.net

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,821 posts
Joined May 2003

Dec 15, 2017 21:51 |  #4

Definitely need some skills, equipment and a wet suit for stuff you will see at https://petapixel.com …erie-as-liquid-mountains/ (external link).

mmmilton
36 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Sep 2016

Feb 05, 2018 23:35 |  #5

Not sure if you've made it this way yet, if not, I posted a website with various places to go. Not all are open in winter, but many are. Being from Northern Minnesota, I highly recommend Naniboujou Lodge, Hollow Rock, and Judge C.R. Magney State Park- these are all in Grand Marias. Everyone goes to Split Rock Lighthouse and Gooseberry Falls, too. As it is our deep cold now, Gooseberry (and I'm sure the other falls) is completely frozen, but it still has plenty of photo opportunities!

https://midwestweekend​s.com …orth_shore_minn​esota.html (external link)

Epphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,383 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 08, 2018 20:42 as a reply to  @ mmmilton's post |  #6

Not yet
Lakes froze very quick, Im going to wait a litle to see what the right time will be
Thank you much for your help

www.epphoto.net

mmmilton
36 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Sep 2016

Feb 12, 2018 17:12 |  #7

Even in winter Lake Superior is beautiful. Depending on the direction of the wind, there are shelves of ice that pile up against the shore. When the sunrises it makes for great pictures!

sponsored links

731 views & 3 likes for this thread
Lake Superior Winter Photography north shore
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.