Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 29 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 14:28
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Moving business from one state to another

murtaugh
301 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Abilene, Tx
Nov 29, 2017 14:28 |  #1

Just curious if anyone has moved from one state or city to another. I'm currently living in a location I don't want to live in any longer than I have to and my family and I wish to return home to where we are from.

I know there is setting up to be legit in the new state and closing the old state, transferring or closing and opening a new bank account, finding a new accountant, etc.

I'm mostly curious from those have made the move how the process of building up your client base in the new location went. I'm thinking to continuing current marketing strategies that have proven successful, but change the target audience location to reflect the new location. Then adjust the plan from there.

Please feel free to share your experiences. Thank you.

Gear List.
50D w/grip, 50 1.8 II, 28-105 3.5-4.5 II USM, 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM, 17-40 4L/USM

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
28,934 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Nov 29, 2017 20:25 |  #2

Other than the federal tax implications you are essentially setting up a new business for purposes of state government.

344 views & 1 like for this thread
Moving business from one state to another
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.