Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera
Thread started 07 Dec 2017 (Thursday) 12:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Need some advice!

Kallex
64 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Dec 07, 2017 12:58 |  #1

Hello!

So I am planning on getting another camera. I have been looking into SLT and SLR.
I have specifically been looking at the Sony a48k SLT and the Canon EOS 80D.

When comparing the two they are quite a like, with a48 having some pros and 80d having some.
But in general they seem to take about the same pictures on base level.

All I am thinking of is which one is worth to get in your opinion?

When it comes to lenses, accessories and so on. When it comes to different photograph situations and so on.
Does Sony have as good lenses and same price class as canon? I know 80D has EF and EF-s lenses which is awesome.

So genrally, what is your take on these two cameras? Why would you choose one over the other?

Best regards,
Karl

sponsored links
ksbal
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2010
N.E. Kansas
Dec 07, 2017 13:17 |  #2

The sony A mount series is not as well rounded in the lens department as the canon ef and ef-s .

But as with anything, you need the right tool for the right job, so what are your primary subjects for photographing?

YN622 English User Guide/Manual by Clive
https://drive.google.c​om ...Ig0gMMzZFaDVlZ1VNTE​0/view (external link)

Kallex
THREAD ­ STARTER
64 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Dec 07, 2017 16:25 |  #3

Hey,

Mostly wildlife and nature I would say!

ksbal
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2010
N.E. Kansas
Dec 07, 2017 17:00 |  #4

I would say 80D then. longer lenses are Canon's dominance, and Sigma/Tamron make canon mounts of decent lenses that are long range.
I'm not sure there are near as many long lenses in the Sony A mount. I think third party lenses are concentraiting on sony E mount..

At any rate, that is what I would check up on - I see some out there, 70-200 for sony, but not as many options as canon has. Many longer A mounts are older minolta lenses, and they may not auto focus.

YN622 English User Guide/Manual by Clive
https://drive.google.c​om ...Ig0gMMzZFaDVlZ1VNTE​0/view (external link)

Kallex
THREAD ­ STARTER
64 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Dec 07, 2017 17:37 |  #5

Ah I see!

Thank you very much for the information. It was kind of what I was thinking! I will dig deeper!

Karl

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
Dec 07, 2017 19:57 as a reply to Kallex's post |  #6

It will be a lot easier and cheaper to get long glass with the Canon in this situation.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link) :: Canon 17-40L For Sale

Larry ­ Johnson
Goldmember
1,188 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2011
Virginia
Dec 07, 2017 20:39 as a reply to Kallex's post |  #7

If you plan to take action shots, get a camera that can put out 10 frames per second or better. You won’t be sorry when the action starts. 6fps is considerably slower and noticeable.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

174 views & 1 like for this thread
Need some advice!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.