Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Dec 2017 (Saturday) 14:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WARNING on Rebate being offered for 5D Mark IV & 6D Mark II Printer Bundle.

frozenmoments925
516 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Post edited 5 months ago by frozenmoments925. (2 edits in all)

Dec 09, 2017 14:52 |  #1

WARNING:::::

Be EXTREMELY cautious with this deal and it's Rebate Offering. I've done my fair share of Mail-In-Rabates and jumped on this deal for the 5D MARK IV bundle Simply because of a sale Adorama was offering which also "QUALIFIED" me for the MIR, I just checked the status update on my submission and my current status shows "PROGRAM VIOLATION" We could not fulfill your rebate because your supporting information showed that your purchase did not fulfill the terms of the program.

Now this is just horrible as I know for sure that all the proper paperwork and required documents were submitted. So again I warn you in advance. You can be sure that I would never ever deal with any Mail In Rebate type promotions again. If they can't offer me the savings UP FRONT, then they don't really exist. I pray not many people will go through what I am right now.

NOTE: IN NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM am I implying Adorama is at fault with this process. Sorry if my wording made you think that. I only mentioned them since that was the Retailer I purchased from.

Thanks.

Canon 5D Mark IV / Canon EOS M5 /Canon 5D Mark III /Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS Mark II / Canon 24-70L f/2.8 Mark II / Canon 35L f/1.4 / Canon 135L f/2 / Canon 580 EX II / Sony a6000 / Sony SEL35F18

sponsored links
carpenter
Goldmember
2,564 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2006
Post edited 5 months ago by carpenter. (3 edits in all)

Dec 09, 2017 15:03 |  #2

And so after talking with the rebate center what was the reasoning you were given? Never once had a rebate issue with Canon including bundles from Adorama. I would ALMOST guarantee something was not right as the bundle from Adorama absolutely qualifies. You had no other rebates within the same rebate period? Receipt showed all eligible items? (with the way Adorama sent the purchase receipt you may have needed to get the proper receipt showing all items purchase)

5D Mk IV | 24-105L | 85 1.8 | 70-200L 2.8 IS MkII | 100-400L MkII

Bearmann
Goldmember
1,170 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Location: I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.

Dec 09, 2017 15:06 |  #3

Well, did you contact Helen to see if she could straighten it out for you?

Helen@adorama.com

Barry

http://b-r-s-photo.zenfolio.com (external link) (remove the dashes)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,420 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 09, 2017 15:16 |  #4

frozenmoments925 wrote in post #18514223 (external link)
WARNING:::::

Be EXTREMELY cautious with this deal and it's Rebate Offering. I've done my fair share of Mail-In-Rabates and jumped on this deal for the 5D MARK IV bundle Simply because of a sale Adorama was offering which also "QUALIFIED" me for the MIR, I just checked the status update on my submission and my current status shows "PROGRAM VIOLATION" We could not fulfill your rebate because your supporting information showed that your purchase did not fulfill the terms of the program.

Now this is just horrible as I know for sure that all the proper paperwork and required documents were submitted. So again I warn you in advance. You can be sure that I would never ever deal with any Mail In Rebate type promotions again. If they can't offer me the savings UP FRONT, then they don't really exist. I pray not many people will go through what I am right now.

Concerned to see this - please email me: Helen@adorama.com so I can help

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

frozenmoments925
THREAD ­ STARTER
516 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 09, 2017 15:55 as a reply to  @ HelenOster's post |  #5

Hey Helen, I've just emailed you

Thank you

Canon 5D Mark IV / Canon EOS M5 /Canon 5D Mark III /Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS Mark II / Canon 24-70L f/2.8 Mark II / Canon 35L f/1.4 / Canon 135L f/2 / Canon 580 EX II / Sony a6000 / Sony SEL35F18

frozenmoments925
THREAD ­ STARTER
516 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 09, 2017 15:55 as a reply to  @ Bearmann's post |  #6

Just did so.. Thanks.

frozenmoments925
THREAD ­ STARTER
516 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 09, 2017 15:59 as a reply to  @ carpenter's post |  #7

I did not speak to anyone at the rebate center, this is the status update I'm receiving while checking it's current status on-line today. They are not opened on weekends to phone and question. But nothing was said prior or concering this through email previously. If there were any issues, I would have assumed ( which is likely my fault for thinking so ) that they would out of courtesy contact me to let me know what if anything was wrong. No other rebates during this period, receipt was sent just as It was provided showing all items from Adorama. ( which was issued after my concern of the initial receipt not showing everything ).

I've emailed Helen and hope she would be able to assist me further in this matter. Will keep the thread updated.

Thanks

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
7,560 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Dec 09, 2017 16:08 |  #8

The trend to go public with customer service issues even before ascertaining the nature and source of the 'issue' disturbs me, greatly. Just sitting wondering how/if this is related to our ever-increasing me first instant gratification society.

Tom,
Film gear: Elan 7NE / Elan 7 / EOS T2
Yashica FX-D (x2) / 50mm ML f/2 / Sigma Zoom-gamma II 21-35mm f/3.4.2 / Yashica ML 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 / Tokina 70-210mm ML f/4.

carpenter
Goldmember
2,564 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Dec 09, 2017 17:12 |  #9

Bassat wrote in post #18514270 (external link)
The trend to go public with customer service issues even before ascertaining the nature and source of the 'issue' disturbs me, greatly. Just sitting wondering how/if this is related to our ever-increasing me first instant gratification society.

Could not have said it better. I struggle to understand threads like this when there is no clue yet as to what the issue is and there has not been any initial contact made. Figure that out first THEN make a post.

5D Mk IV | 24-105L | 85 1.8 | 70-200L 2.8 IS MkII | 100-400L MkII

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
54,014 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 09, 2017 17:32 |  #10

Following this thread as I too just bought the same bundle. I haven't yet submitted the rebate yet though. Please post the final outcome when you find what happened.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Bassat
7,560 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Dec 09, 2017 17:47 |  #11

carpenter wrote in post #18514310 (external link)
Could not have said it better. I struggle to understand threads like this when there is no clue yet as to what the issue is and there has not been any initial contact made. Figure that out first THEN make a post.

Allow me to add to your chain of events, please.

Get to the bottom of exactly what the problem actually IS.
Work with CS to come up with an agreeable solution.
Agree on some time frame for the solution to work.
Let it work.
If it still isn't settled to your satisfaction, call CS again.
If that doesn't work, call in an airstrike, a naval bombardment (16" guns are REALLY cool), borrow a nuke from KJU, or go straight to the Bat-Signal.
If you are dealing with Adorama, my guess is you'll never get this far, but now is the time to call/email Helen Oster.

You may find it curious, but the part about going public with your complaint against an upstanding institution like Adorama (there are others) is intentionally not included in the list. A reputable company will fix the issue, or at least bend over backwards trying. I've been in public service for 43 years. I know some customers are simply never going to be happy. If you find a fly-by-night, super-discount, Joe's Transmission and Camera gear store that is shady, by all means, let us know. Leave the Adoramas and B&Hs out of it. They are reputable companies. Give them a chance to do what you expect them to do.

Tom,
Yashica FX-D (x2) / 50mm ML f/2 / Sigma Zoom-gamma II 21-35mm f/3.4.2 / Yashica ML 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 / Tokina 70-210mm ML f/4.

Furlan
670 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Dec 09, 2017 19:06 |  #12

I have done nine of these printer rebates with purchases from Adorama, B&H and Ritiz never a problem. Before posting here
you should be talking to the rebate center Adorama and Canon CS can do nothing for you. I would be willing to bet dollars to
doughnuts that you did not follow the terms of the rebate.

Bassat
7,560 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Dec 09, 2017 19:20 |  #13

I wonder if it is possible to run every thread with Adorama or B&H in the title through a moderator before it is allowed to go live? Neither company deserves the negative press they are getting from these types of posts. Google picks up this stuff in minutes.

Tom,

elitejp
Goldmember
1,563 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 09, 2017 19:38 |  #14

Agree 100% with Bassat. Lets first try to actually resolve the situation rather than complain about it on a forum which isnt going to help you anyways.

On a side note Helen must be an extremely patient person.

6D; canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 24-70mm VC, Canon 135L Canon 70-200L is ii

Bassat
7,560 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Post edited 5 months ago by Bassat. (3 edits in all)

Dec 09, 2017 19:45 |  #15

Bassat wrote in post #18514367 (external link)
I wonder if it is possible to run every thread with Adorama or B&H in the title through a moderator before it is allowed to go live? Neither company deserves the negative press they are getting from these types of posts. Google picks up this stuff in minutes.

Edit:
Yes, I've done business with both.

Dang it! That is the third time in two days I hit "QUOTE" when I want "EDIT", and end up quoting myself. DOHHHH!

Tom,

sponsored links

7,528 views & 135 likes for this thread
WARNING on Rebate being offered for 5D Mark IV & 6D Mark II Printer Bundle.
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.