Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 14 Dec 2017 (Thursday) 00:38
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

To Drone or Not to Drone, That is the Question.

Scatterbrained
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Dec 27, 2017 13:13 |  #31

kickmaster wrote in post #18527194 (external link)
My 3DR from yesterday. I'm also a pilot, therefore sensitive to how so many owners ignore altitude limits....
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by kickmaster in
./showthread.php?p=185​27194&i=i261961849
forum: General Photography Talk

Nice. Kinda looks like my neighborhood, although I guess they all look about the same out here.

Got mine in just before Christmas. Didn't have time to fly it until yesterday though. I think I'll be spending some time zooming around outside of my house before I start looking at serious shooting with it, I've got to get a handle of flying it competently. I haven't had any sort of RC vehicle for about 20 yrs.

IMAGE: https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/25037319_110964119700535_1139495003047854080_n.jpg

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

sponsored links
cutwater
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
near Saratoga Springs, NY
Jan 02, 2018 07:57 as a reply to Scatterbrained's post |  #32

Congrats!

Did you recently join PhantomPilots using the same screen name?

I've had a P3P since it came out, and just acquired a P4P last month from a friend who upgraded to an Inspire 2. I'm not an expert on them, but would be happy to help if I can.

Happy flying!

Websiteexternal link flickrexternal link 500pxexternal link FaceBookexternal link

imageguy74
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Dec 2017
Jan 02, 2018 08:41 |  #33

Maybe I just want to end the Party but I was watching a video on YouTube that made me think that It's only a matter of time before someone uses one to blow something up or do something obnoxious and then the real restrictions will start trickling in. So I say have fun with them while you can :-P

Scatterbrained
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Jan 02, 2018 09:18 |  #34

cutwater wrote in post #18531514 (external link)
Congrats!

Did you recently join PhantomPilots using the same screen name?

I've had a P3P since it came out, and just acquired a P4P last month from a friend who upgraded to an Inspire 2. I'm not an expert on them, but would be happy to help if I can.

Happy flying!

Yeah. This thing has been an exercise in frustration trying to get all the firmware/software updated, and then getting it to accept activation. Now it's got a sensor issue and card formatting issue. Ugh. Still, it's fun to fly and I'm happy with the images I'm getting so far.

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

cutwater
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
near Saratoga Springs, NY
Jan 02, 2018 12:14 |  #35

Scatterbrained wrote in post #18531562 (external link)
Yeah. This thing has been an exercise in frustration trying to get all the firmware/software updated, and then getting it to accept activation. Now it's got a sensor issue and card formatting issue. Ugh. Still, it's fun to fly and I'm happy with the images I'm getting so far.

Welcome to DJI products. Out of the box, my P3P worked great, then with each fw update, something was always a bit quirky - tilted horizon, video downlink lag or loss of downlink, etc. Their customer service and tech support leaves alot to be desired. I learned pretty quickly not to update to the latest fw as soon as it's available, let others be the beta testers, then research the potential issues. I have not had any problems actually installing fw. I haven't updated the P4P for the new pano mode, been reading about problems others have, so I'll keep doing my panos manually for now.

Websiteexternal link flickrexternal link 500pxexternal link FaceBookexternal link

Scatterbrained
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Jan 02, 2018 12:34 |  #36

It wouldn't let me do anything without an update when I first powered it up. The remote ran two fairly large updates, then there was a series of updates for the drone just to get the video feed working. I was stressing that the unit was NFG at first. Now I've got to get this SD card formatting issue resolved and find out why it throws a tantrum every time I put it in tripod mode.

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

sponsored links

3,208 views & 9 likes for this thread
To Drone or Not to Drone, That is the Question.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.