Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 20 Dec 2017 (Wednesday) 07:17
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lr 6.14 last update for standalone Lr

MCAsan
Goldmember
3,658 posts
Joined Jun 2010
Atlanta
Dec 20, 2017 07:17 |  #1

6.14 now available – last perpetual update of Lightroom
The goal of this release is to provide perpetual customers additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom. You should only update to Lightroom 6.14 if you are currently holding a license to our perpetual product.

Please note, there will be no additional updates after 6.14 for the perpetual, standalone version of Lightroom. You can check out this blog post for more information when this was announced earlier.

As always, new cameras are supported for legacy versions of Lightroom, Photoshop, Bridge, After Effects, and Photoshop Elements through the free Adobe DNG Converter.

For native camera raw support and ongoing updates with new features try out Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC. These features include color and luminance range masking and the new auto. This along with other future imaging and performance enhancements are automatically included with a membership.

Find the latest available downloads of Lightroom 6 here. If you have a Creative Cloud plan of any type, you do not need to purchase Lightroom 6.

You can also find the new cameras and lens profiles that are now supported with 6.14.

Thanks!

https://blogs.adobe.co​m ...-update-of-lightroom.html (external link)

sponsored links
lacogada
Joined May 2015
Post has been edited 1 month ago by lacogada.
Dec 20, 2017 17:32 |  #2

MCAsan wrote in post #18522396 (external link)
6.14 now available – last perpetual update of Lightroom

I purchased upgrade to standalone ver 6 in 2015.

I downloaded 6.14 and tried to update and got an error message. I contacted adobe through a chat screen.
I will not try to pronouce the name of chat person.

Was told I needed to download ver 6.12 as that is the last update that will work with my version.

Do you know if that is correct ?

MCAsan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,658 posts
Joined Jun 2010
Atlanta
Dec 20, 2017 21:34 as a reply to lacogada's post |  #3

I do not as I have used the CC package for several year.

https://helpx.adobe.co​m .../lightroom-downloads.html (external link)

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,517 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Dec 21, 2017 09:06 |  #4

lacogada wrote in post #18522834 (external link)
I purchased upgrade to standalone ver 6 in 2015.

I downloaded 6.14 and tried to update and got an error message. I contacted adobe through a chat screen.
I will not try to pronouce the name of chat paerson.

Was told I needed to download ver 6.12 as that is the last update that will work with my version.

Do you know if that is correct ?

Hard to believe it is 6.12 when Adobe releases 6.14. I have read this once before somewhere. Are you on a Mac or a PC?

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

lacogada
Joined May 2015
Dec 21, 2017 09:09 |  #5

digital paradise wrote in post #18523182 (external link)
Hard to believe it is 6.12 when Adobe releases 6.14. I have read this once before somewhere. Are you on a Mac or a PC?

Win 10

lacogada
Joined May 2015
Dec 21, 2017 09:10 |  #6

MCAsan wrote in post #18522995 (external link)
I do not as I have used the CC package for several year.

https://helpx.adobe.co​m .../lightroom-downloads.html (external link)

Thanks

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,517 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Dec 21, 2017 09:11 |  #7

Also what is the error code?

Image Editing OK

Scott ­ M
Goldmember
Joined May 2008
Michigan
Post has been last edited 1 month ago by Scott M. 2 edits done in total.
Dec 21, 2017 11:47 |  #8

You should be able to upgrade from any release of Lightroom 6 to the latest version 6.14, although I cannot confirm if for this particular case. I just upgraded to 6.14 from the previous release 6.13 with no issues on my Windows 10 desktop. There was also an update to Adobe Camera RAW for Photoshop Elements 18 which was installed at the same time in my case.

You can try updating manually. All the versions of Lightroom 6 are available for download at this link (external link). You need to click on the blue > symbol next to where it says Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 to reveal the list of available downloads for both Mac and Windows. All the LR 6 versions are there.

Photo Galleryexternal link
Gear List

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,517 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Dec 21, 2017 12:15 |  #9

Scott M wrote in post #18523302 (external link)
You should be able to upgrade from any release of Lightroom 6 to the latest version 6.14, although I cannot confirm if for this particular case. I just upgraded to 6.14 from the previous release 6.13 with no issues on my Windows 10 desktop. There was also an update to Adobe Camera RAW for Photoshop Elements 18 which was installed at the same time in my case.

You can try updating manually. All the versions of Lightroom 6 are available for download at this link (external link). You need to click on the blue > symbol next to where it says Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 to reveal the list of available downloads for both Mac and Windows. All the LR 6 versions are there.

I have been reading snippets here and there which seemed to be PC related but obviously not since yours went well. Seems like it a happening to people who have trialed CC and not everything has been removed. I'm just speculating.

Image Editing OK

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Dec 21, 2017 12:23 |  #10

Good News!!!

Now all the new competition with standard licensing can feel better about competeing in that space. Looking forward to the alternatives.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

lacogada
Joined May 2015
Dec 21, 2017 14:25 |  #11

digital paradise wrote in post #18523188 (external link)
Also what is the error code?

I do not reall exact error oode ... just remember that of "update failed."

Realize now that the main problem was MY error.

Stupid of me to think that a LR 6.14 update would actually update my LR 5.7.:oops:

I needed to download the original LR 6 installer and then run the LR 6.14 update.
Have not done so yet though.

Just thought it odd that adobe chat person would tell me I needed 6.12 update.

Thanks for replies.

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,982 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Dec 21, 2017 15:02 |  #12

I just ran the 6.14 update on my Win7 Home machine. Worked just fine.

Tom

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,517 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Dec 21, 2017 16:56 |  #13

I got feedback this is the error code someone else got. Sounds like the extension manager.

Error Code: U44M2P7

This happened to me months ago for some other reason with PS and found this. Some starting points for searches.

https://helpx.adobe.co​m ...nsion-manager-update.html (external link)

https://helpx.adobe.co​m ...stalling-updates-ccm.html (external link)

Image Editing OK

teekay
Goldmember
2,673 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Dec 21, 2017 23:06 |  #14

Scott M wrote in post #18523302 (external link)
You should be able to upgrade from any release of Lightroom 6 to the latest version 6.14....

Tried updating my 6.10.1 LR but got an error message in Win10. No clue why. Didn't try again as v6.10.1 is fine for my current needs and I don't want to risk screwing it up.

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,384 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Gesher Haziv, Israel
Dec 22, 2017 01:19 |  #15

Stupid of me to think that a LR 6.14 update would actually update my LR 5.7.

For LR versions 1 to 5, each tri-monthly "dot" update was a download and installation of the entire application, so you could indeed go directly from, say, 4.4 to 5.7 so long as you had an LR 5 upgrade serial number. And registering the number with Adobe was merely an optional service, not a requirement. All this changed with Vs. 6.0 - the first version that required activation through a one-time login to an Adobe Account. All "dot" updates are patches on an already installed and activated LR 6.0.

Elie / אלי

sponsored links

2,033 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lr 6.14 last update for standalone Lr
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.