Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 27 Dec 2017 (Wednesday) 05:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lightroom, clarity slider tutorial

Justin ­ Time
Joined Dec 2017
Post has been last edited 23 days ago by Pekka with reason 'added real URL'. 2 edits done in total.
Dec 27, 2017 05:16 |  #1

Lightroom, clarity slider tutorial.
Your comments welcome
https://youtu.be/uhpVX​YOVeP4 (external link)

REAL URL: https://www.youtube.co​m ...VXYOVeP4&feature=yo​utu.be (external link)

sponsored links
teekay
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Dec 27, 2017 11:02 |  #2

CAUTION! I suggest NOT clicking on the link posted by the OP. This is one of several warnings I found on the Internet:

"Be on the look out for links containing the words "youtu.be". It is designed to look like a shortened youtube link at a quick glance but it could be a link to download a virus mostly like a trojan virus. An example of what a link would look like : http://youtu.be/74343y​DG2"

(Reported to mods)

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
Joined Oct 2010
Dec 27, 2017 11:23 |  #3

teekay wrote in post #18527217 (external link)
CAUTION! I suggest NOT clicking on the link posted by the OP. This is one of several warnings I found on the Internet:

"Be on the look out for links containing the words "youtu.be". It is designed to look like a shortened youtube link at a quick glance but it could be a link to download a virus mostly like a trojan virus. An example of what a link would look like : http://youtu.be/74343y​DG2"

(Reported to mods)

Interesting that the OP is new, with only 7 posts. Yet at least 3 posts contain youtu.be links.
Thanks for the warning.

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

lacogada
Joined May 2015
Dec 27, 2017 14:21 as a reply to teekay's post |  #4

Thanks

lacogada
Joined May 2015
Dec 27, 2017 14:23 |  #5

Justin Time wrote in post #18527036 (external link)
Your comments welcome

Find something better to do.

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,269 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Dec 27, 2017 14:25 |  #6

youtu.be is an old link shortener maintained by Google. It is most often valid, so I do not there is no need to ban it or avoid it. You should always use security suites that warn you about malware, anything can point to it.

https://www.geek.com ...by-15-characters-1029511/ (external link)

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Dec 27, 2017 14:33 |  #7

teekay wrote in post #18527217 (external link)

(Reported to mods)

I clicked on the link. Shows a video. No issues.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/jefflowe.ca (external link)

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,269 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Post has been edited 23 days ago by Pekka.
Dec 27, 2017 14:42 |  #8

Also, you could check the link out with services like http://www.checkshortu​rl.com/ (external link) and safety check in https://transparencyre​port.google.com ...%2Fyoutu.be%2FuhpVX​YOVeP4 (external link)

Justin ­ Time
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2017
Dec 27, 2017 14:48 |  #9

Pekka wrote in post #18527365 (external link)
youtu.be is an old link shortener maintained by Google. It is most often valid, so I do not there is no need to ban it or avoid it. You should always use security suites that warn you about malware, anything can point to it.

https://www.geek.com ...by-15-characters-1029511/ (external link)

Thank you, you are spot on.
This is the standard link supplied by Youtube.
Some people see drama at every street corner...

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,269 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Dec 27, 2017 14:54 |  #10

Justin Time wrote in post #18527380 (external link)
Thank you, you are spot on.
This is the standard link supplied by Youtube.
Some people see drama at every street corner...

In these days it is good to suspect anything in the 'net, it is a dangerous area, really :)

Please post full URLs, there is no need to shorten them here.

Also, your posts have been reported as spam, as people do not appreciate a flood of postings that advertise your own videos. Calm it down and post links when appropriate for the discussions, thanks. (this info is pointed to all)

Justin ­ Time
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2017
Dec 27, 2017 15:07 |  #11

Pekka wrote in post #18527385 (external link)
In these days it is good to suspect anything in the 'net, it is a dangerous area, really :)

Please post full URLs, there is no need to shorten them here.

Also, your posts have been reported as spam, as people do not appreciate a flood of postings that advertise your own videos. Calm it down and post links when appropriate for the discussions, thanks. (this info is pointed to all)

OK, thank you for communicating.
In some forums tutorials are very much appreciated.
I get loads of views here, with a really high average view time, which made me think that people appreciated it.
I do not see it really as advertising myself, rather like sharing useful stuff. This is the point of what I do on YouTube: I have been post processing images since the times of the first personal computers and I am making a lot of friends who appreciate me sharing my knowledge. But I understand that some forums have different rules.
I did check the rules of this forum very carefully and it seemed to me like a place very open to tutorials.
If that is not allowed, just let me know and I will cut it out, but a lot of people will be missing good tutorials...

Redcrown
325 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Dec 27, 2017 23:30 as a reply to Justin Time's post |  #12

Dear Justin,

Just be thankful you were not accused of committing sexual harassment 3 decades ago. Then you would be in real trouble. As it is, you are only the victum of ignorance and perversion. You just have a small wound and will heal quickly. The others, unfortunately, will probably stay the same for life.

bpalermini
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2011
Ashland, Oregon
Dec 28, 2017 00:02 |  #13

Nice video. Thanks for posting it. I subscribed to your channel.

Bob Palermini
1DX, 5DIV, 14 Rokinon, 16-35L II, 24-70L II, 100L, 70-200 IS 2.8L, 300 IS 2.8L, 400mm 2.8 IS II, 1.4xIII, 2xIII, 580EXII, YN560IV, RRS TVC23 + BH55, LRCC, Fuji X-E2, Fuji X30
My Web Site (external link) | My Sports Portfolio (external link)

Nogo
I could have been worse....
Joined Dec 2013
All Along the Natchez Trace (Clinton, MS)
Post has been edited 22 days ago by Nogo.
Dec 28, 2017 00:36 |  #14

Justin, may I make a small suggestion. Instead of letting your video tell all the information, give it a decent textual introduction. I did not report it but will say it did "look" like SPAM. A short description with a before and after image in this case will go a long way to making you look to be a contributor to this forum rather than making you look like someone trying to make a buck or two off its users. Many members will never click on the link unless there looks to be a reason to do so.

Philip
Does the TF actually know about the soda cans and PVC pipe from 30 years ago?

Justin ­ Time
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2017
Dec 28, 2017 04:50 |  #15

Nogo wrote in post #18527711 (external link)
Justin, may I make a small suggestion. Instead of letting your video tell all the information, give it a decent textual introduction. I did not report it but will say it did "look" like SPAM. A short description with a before and after image in this case will go a long way to making you look to be a contributor to this forum rather than making you look like someone trying to make a buck or two off its users. Many members will never click on the link unless there looks to be a reason to do so.

Thank you.
This is an interesting suggestion, I will certainly give it a try next time

sponsored links

1,865 views & 14 likes for this thread
Lightroom, clarity slider tutorial
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.