Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner
Thread started 02 Jan 2018 (Tuesday) 18:50
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Need editing help

OhLook
Spiderwoman
16,024 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Jan 03, 2018 18:55 |  #16

Wouldn't the foliage on the background lilies have been green?

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
20,207 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Jan 03, 2018 22:15 as a reply to OhLook's post |  #17

They are. If you look closely you can see some green, but they are too far into the shadows to get much saturation in them. I was concentrating on the subjects so didn't pay much attention to the background. I may try again to see what's there.

Mark

Butts
I coulda shoulda woulda
290 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Australia
Jan 04, 2018 02:54 |  #18

xarik wrote in post #18532431 (external link)
I couldn't even pull the yellows as much as you did. Those are the correct colors for the flowers and such, so bravo! I don't understand why my grandma left the photo in the sun for 15 years and didn't have a negative...I appreciate all of the help!

xarik, I had a go at the colour version as TS had already done a great job on the BW.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Unfortunately there isn't enough colour, or resemblance of colour in most of the image so rather than "guess" I left well alone.
Only concentrated on what I could retrieve, but tried not to push it too much. Lots of sun damage and artifacts that I couldn't
successfully deal with, so it is what it is.
I had to leave the bottom frame marking, as I didn't want to crop out any of the dress.
I've done a test A4 print, and I think it is acceptable (just don't expect original film image quality).
PM me if your interested in the full file, happy to give it to you.

xarik
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
Jan 04, 2018 08:09 as a reply to Butts's post |  #19

I think this is about as good as it's going to get, but if I'm being honest, the B+W is more usable. It's just too far gone to make a print of it unless I were to actually paint in all of the old colors, which would take me ages as I'd have to go one item after another, and even then it'd look bad. Almost a lost cost unless it's B+W :(

Bodies: Canon 5D3
Lenses: Tokina 16-28mm F2.8 - Zeiss 50mm f/2.0 Makro-Planar T* ZE - Canon 70-200mm F2.8 L
Extras: 2 Neewer TT520 Speedlites - Manfrotto 3021BPRO and ballhead

Check out my Flickr (external link)!

Butts
I coulda shoulda woulda
290 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Australia
Jan 04, 2018 17:54 as a reply to xarik's post |  #20

Agreed.

883 views & 10 likes for this thread
Need editing help
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.