Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 10 Jan 2018 (Wednesday) 14:56
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Good explanation for different post-processing features on Photos for MAC.

Oeijur
69 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Jan 10, 2018 14:56 |  #1

Hello everyone,

Looking for any good resource for explanations on what the different editing tools on Photos for MAC do. I know how to use them, but I feel that I'm just sliding things around randomly until I think a picture
looks good, without knowing what the function actually does to a picture. For example, using the color curves, is there a good resource that explains what moving different parts of the curve does exactly. Another example: using the reduce noise function - I realize it gets rid of the graininess, but the tradeoff seems to be losing sharpness. (Spent about 10-20 min trying to google this before posting my query, but the best I got was just tutorials and instructions on how to use the functions, not what they actually did to the photo)

I'm just a hobbyist, so I don't feel like investing in more software until I have a better understanding of what the functions do on Photos and I'm more certain that I'll actually use any software that I buy. (I was originally gonna buy lightroom, but since they went to the perpetual subscription model, I am more interested in other software that can accomplish similar functions without a perpetual subscription fee).

Thanks for any help.

135 views & 0 likes for this thread
Good explanation for different post-processing features on Photos for MAC.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.