Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 11 Jan 2018 (Thursday) 17:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Avatar images of differing sizes

SkedAddled
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008
Post edited 3 months ago by SkedAddled.

Jan 11, 2018 17:13 |  #1

I have noticed, after a long absence here, that there seems to be a strange rendering
of user avatar images within any given thread.
For example, if I post to a thread, my own avatar is larger than actual.
The same goes for other contributors to the thread, but it's not consistent.
PhotosGuy may have his ancient flash enlarged on a post to a thread,
while later on, his flash may be reduced quite a bit, making him appear
to be less illuminating.
Would this be a situation of varying browser renderings, or could it be how AMASS
is delivering it?

Windows 7 Pro x64
Opera 12.12 v.1707 x64

Also using Chrome, and seeing the same effect.

CraigΣ 10-20|Tamron SP 28-80|Tamron SP 60-300|Soligor 75-260|Soligor 400|Soligor C/D 500|Zuiko 50 f/1.8|More Manual-Focus glass
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,111 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited 3 months ago by Wilt. (3 edits in all)

Jan 12, 2018 12:15 |  #2

The avatar sizing is based upon the length of the post to which the avatar is associated...in a short post the avatar is different than in a much longer post. Same happens to associated information such as post location. Look at my next two (posts 2, 4) as examples

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,173 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jan 12, 2018 12:16 |  #3

Small reply, small avatar...

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
40,111 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 12, 2018 12:16 |  #4

The avatar sizing is based upon the length of the post to which the avatar is associated.
witness what
happens when the
associated post
requires much
more vertical
space in
which to
fit the post
text...
The avatar sizing is based upon the length of the post to which the avatar is associated.
witness what
happens when the
associated post
requires much
more vertical
space in
which to
fit the post
text

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,173 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jan 12, 2018 12:17 |  #5

long reply, larger avatar...

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Why do we use it?
It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

SkedAddled
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 12, 2018 12:31 |  #6

Makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.

CraigΣ 10-20|Tamron SP 28-80|Tamron SP 60-300|Soligor 75-260|Soligor 400|Soligor C/D 500|Zuiko 50 f/1.8|More Manual-Focus glass
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

sponsored links

347 views & 1 like for this thread
Avatar images of differing sizes
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.