Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
Thread started 12 Jan 2018 (Friday) 15:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My Rescue

connor8100
71 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 12, 2018 15:46 |  #1

20 year old African grey that needed a new home, got him from a rescue, what a joy! Chris

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
6,065 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 12, 2018 15:53 |  #2

Good on you, friend.

Looks like he's been under some stress with the missing feathers.

Take care of the little guy.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob
https://www.flickr.com …282@N06/with/38​203470844/ (external link)

Wallace ­ River
" ...a bit of a pervy voyeur "
12,363 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2010
Post edited 3 months ago by Wallace River.

Jan 12, 2018 16:55 |  #3

Good for you, you have good heart. Is 20 old for these guys?
[Edit] Never mind I looked it up. Wow!!!

African Grey parrots can live for a very long time. African Grey parrots have been known to live for up to 80 years in captivity, so it's imperative that those who adopt them can commit to a lifetime of living with a bird.

IAN - Living life on the shores of the Wallace River in northern Nova Scotia, Canada :
Canon 1D4, 1D-X, almost enough glass.
My Flickr (external link). http://ianmurray.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)

Alveric
Goldmember
4,402 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 12, 2018 18:01 |  #4

Does it talk?

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

renaissance_myth
719 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Jan 12, 2018 18:13 |  #5

Reminds me of Alex.

"Dear God, please let me master light"
my flickr (external link) account

connor8100
THREAD ­ STARTER
71 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 13, 2018 05:17 |  #6

He talks constantly, but the amazing thing is, he uses words in context at times. When the dog gets too close he'll say "Get Away". You do inherit a previous caretakers life also, his former family were Philadelphia Eagles fans so he says "Go Eagles, turn it on, Turn it on".
His vocabulary can be anything you say or any sound that he hears. As far as a stable home, my son is in his early 20's and they are the best of friends so hopefully this will be his forever home. I will try to get a short video clip of him talking and post it. Please note that if you have any inclination of pursuing a bird like this that they are messy, loud at times, and do bite if annoyed. This bird is also a "plucker", which means as was noted in a earlier post he has been stressed, probably when he had to be orphaned by his previous family. Thank you for the concern you've shown for this little guy. Chris

sponsored links

347 views & 9 likes for this thread
My Rescue
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.