Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Lenses 
Thread started 25 Jan 2018 (Thursday) 20:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Not interesting selling my Canon/Sigma lenses I guess ? :-)

CanonYouCan
Goldmember
1,472 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 25, 2018 20:55 |  #1

When I would sell my current Canon L /Sigma lenses (in my signature below) to switch to native Sony glass or Sigma Art Sony mount glass :

I probably wouldn't have enough cash to buy the same in Sony lenses or Sigma Art lenses with Sony mount (all second hand prices) ?
24-70 2.8 & 70-200 2.8 G-Master lenses would too expensive and there are no Sigma Art Sony versions yet ?

What would you do, keep my current glass with MC-11 or Metabones adaptor on the A7R II ? The A7RIII is too expensive pity enough.

I saw there is also a Sigma 50 Art with Sony mount, would this be an advantage switching form my Sigma 50 Art Canon mount (seen that I buy an adaptor anyway) ?
The Sigma 85 Art Sony mount doesn't exist yet or is in the making ?

No Cam (A7 III soon) | Metabones V | 17-40 F4 L | 24-70 2.8 L | 70-200 2.8L II
Sigma 50 1.4 Art | Sigma 85 1.4 Art

Lighting : Godox AD600B TTL + Godox V860II-S + X1T-S
Modifiers: 60cm Collapsible Silver Beautydish + grid | Godox 120cm Octagon softbox + grid
Tripod: Vanguard Alta 253CT carbon

yellowt2
217 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 26, 2018 17:33 |  #2

CanonYouCan wrote in post #18549026 (external link)
I saw there is also a Sigma 50 Art with Sony mount, would this be an advantage switching form my Sigma 50 Art Canon mount (seen that I buy an adaptor anyway) ?

The only Sony-mount I know of is A-mount, which would still require an adapter.

You're probably best off getting an adapter for now, and slowly converting over to native lenses as your budget allows

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
2,337 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Aug 2013
Post edited 3 months ago by Jarvis Creative Studios.

Jan 26, 2018 18:17 |  #3

Do you need fast and accurate AF? If so sell and go Sony. If you only need decent AF got the adapter route.

Sony Sigma Art Sony mount right now is A mount for full frame lenses. It was reported almost a year ago that Sigma was working on FE mount Art lenses, but none yet. They do have a few Art lenses on the E mount, but that won't help you unless you want to shoot with the crop factor turned on all the time.

I had top of the line Canon glass, and sold it all when I switched to Sony because my job requires fast and accurate AF, and I didn't want to rely on an adapter for the poorly lit ballrooms I shoot in.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

368 views & 0 likes for this thread
Not interesting selling my Canon/Sigma lenses I guess ? :-)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.