Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial
Thread started 27 Jan 2018 (Saturday) 14:35
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A Different Part of the Milky Way

Roy ­ A. ­ Rust
Joined Dec 2015
Dallas, Texas
Post has been edited 29 days ago by Roy A. Rust.
Jan 27, 2018 14:35 |  #1

This is very similar to the first photo I posted on here, but this one was taken with an 11-20mm lens, at 11mm, and the older one was taken with my kit 18-55mm lens at 18mm. This was taken on October 13, 2017, from a much darker place than my back yard. It was while I was in the Ouachita Mountains in Oklahoma. The Andromeda Galaxy and the Triangulum Galaxy are about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom on the right side of the Milky Way. Cassiopeia is obscured by all the stars in the Milky way, but is adjacent to the Andromeda Galaxy. The pinkish glow in the Milky Way beside the bright star, Deneb, is the North America Nebula.

Photo info:
Camera------ Nikon D5500
Lens---------- Tokina 11-20mm zoom
Exposure---- 12 Minutes, 11.8 Seconds
Aperture------ F:2.8
ISO------------- 200

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Celestron
Cream of the Crop
8,437 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
Texas USA
Jan 28, 2018 09:01 |  #2

Well done Roy ! Seldom do we get to see a very good image of all the MW instead of just the SMW . The NMW has alot of goodies too and makes for a great capture ! Thanks for sharing !

Roy ­ A. ­ Rust
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2015
Dallas, Texas
Jan 28, 2018 09:39 |  #3

Celestron wrote in post #18550846 (external link)
Well done Roy ! Seldom do we get to see a very good image of all the MW instead of just the SMW . The NMW has alot of goodies too and makes for a great capture ! Thanks for sharing !

Thanks. Glad to share. I like this part of the Milky Way because the stars are more distinct without all the dust when looking toward the central area. This area also contains a lot of interesting objects.

Inspeqtor
I never knew that!
Joined Mar 2008
Elkhart, Indiana
Feb 01, 2018 12:06 |  #4

Great picture Roy!!

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

486 views & 15 likes for this thread
A Different Part of the Milky Way
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.