Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Forum Feedback' section > Forum Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th of August 2003 (Wed)   #1
jpa7741

Default ICC Profiles & Monitors

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you are looking to color manage your images, and want to use an online service, www.ezprints.com has a way to do this. They advertise and will give you a profile they use for output. They reverse calibrated this profile so that we photographers can use this for soft proofing in Photoshop. You should check it out.

By the way, does anyone know what is the best monitor to use for soft proofing?

Thanks for any input...
jpa7741 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 1st of November 2003 (Sat)   #2
phili1

Default Re: ICC Profiles & Monitors

AS I understand it soft proofing is away to color adjust a print that you want to send out for printing.

Any CRT monitor will do that is a newer model.

In order for you to get colors visually right your monitor has to be calibrated. Then I use MFG paper ICC profiles to print. They are giving you there profiles so when you send it your out put will print properly. I do not think you need to make a soft proof for that, I would ask them. If you use adobe 1998 and apply there Icc I think that will do.

I use a Spyder/photcal set up and what I see on my monitor is almost exact when I print it out on my Epson 2200.
phili1 is offline   Reply With Quote