Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings Talk
Thread started 04 Feb 2018 (Sunday) 08:56
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

question about walkthroughs, 3d tours, all the extra stuff

Nick ­ Aufiero
Joined May 2013
Oklahoma city
Feb 04, 2018 08:56 |  #1

I am just getting into real estate photo and video and I have some questions about getting going

As of now I offer Photos and video walkthroughs (drone image and video included). simple and clean to shoot

what I am curious about learning and really needing to start offering asap is:

3D tours (matterport or something of the likes)
virtual tour website(?)
Montage made for the house (seems like a very high end clientele kinda item but still wanna offer it)

so I guess my main question is how do people actually going about shooting and putting these things together. or do most stick with the easier quicker options

also, what are nice little things to add in or offer that others may not necessarily do?

TIA

My site is www.NickAufiero.com (external link)

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Post has been last edited 8 days ago by nathancarter. 3 edits done in total.
Feb 13, 2018 11:12 |  #2

Nick Aufiero wrote in post #18556025 (external link)
do most stick with the easier quicker options

Most realtors have a champagne taste on a beer budget, as the saying goes. Generally speaking, volume is more profitable than quality.

To make any of this profitable for you, you'll need to put on your businessman hat and target the realtor who will pay a fair rate for higher-end offerings, and pitch it in a way that demonstrates that it'll help them sell houses faster and for a higher price.

- Matterport is practically foolproof. The device takes the photos (using an iPad app for control), then the photos are uploaded to Matterport's service where they are automatically assembled into the 3D walkthrough and dollhouse. As long as you pay attention to the iPad app during the scanning process, and give special care to any difficult-to-scan areas such as doorways, large mirrors, and glass doors, there's no difficult post-processing work. There's a monthly subscription fee so you'll need to have a good way to pass that along to your client (you can't just host a 3D walkthrough forever for free, for a house that isn't selling).

- Video montages are not particularly difficult, but they can be time-consuming. They're definitely not for the client who wants the $75 shoot-and-burn treatment. There are some simple video editing programs out there that will work for basic video montages, though if you want any higher-end work you'll have to invest a bit more time and creativity into it. If you have a repeat client who wants to fully integrate their branding into the video, that's going to take some additional setup, which can be time-consuming at first but have meaningful returns later.
--- Huge pitfall when offering video: When the realtor sends you the wrong square footage, or a typo in the address, or just needs you to "just make a quick change," it's not a trivial matter to make small tweaks in a video that has been finalized, rendered, exported, and uploaded.

- Another thing to consider is aerial (drone) photos, and aerial video if you're doing video montages. The equipment investment is not huge (no more than a decent lens), but to provide commercial services you'll need to get the appropriate licensing from the FAA, and of course insurance and other related expenses.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

106 views & 0 likes for this thread
question about walkthroughs, 3d tours, all the extra stuff
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.