Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 06 Feb 2018 (Tuesday) 00:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon transmitter compatibility

JonathanNTP
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2018
Feb 06, 2018 00:33 |  #1

Anybody ever tried using a Canon brand transmitter with an Orlit brand Speedlight (RT600C)? I bought two Orlit Speedlights, but I had problems with the Orlit brand transmitter, so I'm considering pairing the Orlit RT600C speedlights with one of the two versions of the Canon transmitters. Any help out there?

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
7,242 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Feb 06, 2018 00:41 |  #2

Canon works well with Canon. Used EX gear is cheaper than new 3rd party gear. I just picked up 3 550ex units for under $50, each, E-Bay. 430ex is about the same.

Tom

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Feb 06, 2018 08:37 |  #3

Off brand RT600 gear has been reverse engineered to work with the Canon protocols in the system.
That suggests that it will work. However, there are always little gottca possibilities.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

372 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon transmitter compatibility
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.