Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 06 Feb 2018 (Tuesday) 00:37
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Can you guys point me in the right driection

George ­ Zip
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2015
Feb 06, 2018 00:37 |  #1

I want to dabble in Video. What I want to do is grab snippets of video here and there and then put them into a "slideshow". Stills then a few seconds of video, more stills etc with some music backing.

I am wondering what software would be best. My daughter is proficient in Adobe Premier... would this work for what I am talking about, or should I consider something else.

I have an engagement party next week that I bundled up in a package. They have not asked for it but I thought I might try that as a trial run and if it does not suck, I could surprise them with it.

It was just a thought I had that it is something I might be able to offer down the track. However, I thought I might be worth experimenting with first and see if it is for me.

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2012
Southport nr Liverpool United Kingdom
Post has been edited 17 days ago by Colin Glover.
Feb 06, 2018 11:21 |  #2

That's as good as you're likely to get unless you work in film or TV production. www.colinanthonyphotog​raphy.co.uk (external link) has a minute long video done in Premier Elements. It's stills, but video is easy. One thing I will say is use Full HD on the clips, otherwise it shows. You need the very best to represent you, and in Elements 720p just doesn't quite cut it. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the full version uses different encoders that are much better. Keep it within 90 secs to stop people losing attention, so you'll get more hits. Mine ends with a still of my logo and contact details. And lets see the finished product.
Regards,
Col.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

221 views & 0 likes for this thread
Can you guys point me in the right driection
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.