Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 06 Feb 2018 (Tuesday) 01:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The world can weigh you down - Photo manipulation

DoOb's
Goldmember
1,080 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 3 months ago by DoOb's.

Feb 06, 2018 01:50 |  #1

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Nikon D850, Gripped | Nikon 24-70 F2.8 | Sigma ART 50mm F1.4 | Nikon 105 Macro F2.8
www.dbphotography.co.z​a (external link) | www.instagram.com/_byr​ondubois (external link)

sfinkernagel
385 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 07, 2018 13:06 |  #2

I like that ver much. I'm not always fond of a lot of manipulation, but this is really well done. Is that skyline something important to her? Local?

DoOb's
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,080 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 3 months ago by DoOb's.

Feb 07, 2018 14:21 as a reply to  @ sfinkernagel's post |  #3

I did this shoot of Juene a while back. And decided to a manipulation. I was going to use another image of her but this one set a better composition.

Ideally there is a compromise on how much to add...but generally less is more. The idea behind this post was that....alot of people who suffer from Anxiety or post anxiety, feel as if the world is just too heavy for them to manage. And this really has been how I've been feeling with in the last couple months. Work can get tough in this industry. Its a little disheartening.

But ye, this image is base on what I deal with. She would merely be subject matter.

I'm not sure if you have been to South Africa. But this is on top of a building here. The Royal Hotel. Its actually a little dangerous as there is no real banisters around the edges.

But makes for great infinity shots

Nikon D850, Gripped | Nikon 24-70 F2.8 | Sigma ART 50mm F1.4 | Nikon 105 Macro F2.8
www.dbphotography.co.z​a (external link) | www.instagram.com/_byr​ondubois (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,312 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited 3 months ago by CyberDyneSystems.

Feb 07, 2018 17:31 |  #4

I like it. It shows what you want to express, the world is pressing down.
Sorry to hear that this is a rough patch. I hope you are able to work through it.

I have a nit pick about the title.

An "Anchor" is a good thing, it is something that keeps you in place at your own desire, and secures you. It is yours to use or not. It is not eg: a leg iron that is put on you by outside forces. It is intentionally deployed for safe keeping.

So from your tile, I was not expecting the subject matter and emotion you were trying to capture.

".... weigh you down" would be more akin to the feeling you were intending to portray.

Or on the flipside, if indeed you are being anchored vs. weighed down, maybe you can see the upside of of that?

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

DoOb's
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,080 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 08, 2018 02:59 as a reply to  @ CyberDyneSystems's post |  #5

Thanks Cyber for pointing that out. Weighing down would be a better description to use in this instance.

Sometimes the words that I think of, sound better in the head before actually thinking if they making sense of the situation I'm portraying them.

Could you possibly change that for me.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

609 views & 13 likes for this thread
The world can weigh you down - Photo manipulation
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.