Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Feb 2018 (Tuesday) 04:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon EOS 7D Power board CG2-2538

johny55
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Dec 2017

Feb 06, 2018 04:51 |  #1

I wunder if anybody on this forum can help me to identify 2 components on this board.

I did my first hot air soldering, and 2 smd's went airborne..........:-) , and i have no idea where they landed.

On the photo i drew a red circel around them, and numbered them 1 and 2

It would be a great help for me is somebody can tell me what sort of smd's it are and what the value is.

Marti

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
rajismine
50 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 3 months ago by rajismine. (2 edits in all)

Feb 06, 2018 05:00 |  #2

Guess the correct part number is PART CG2-2625-000 and a new one is about $66
https://www.aliexpress​.com …d-For-Ca/32226751575.html (external link)

Its almost impossible to find the part detail since Canon never publishes it. Its much easier to find the smd fuse (P, K) and that does not seem to be the case here. You are better off getting a new part IMHO
regards
Rajeev

johny55
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Feb 06, 2018 05:03 as a reply to  @ rajismine's post |  #3

Thanks for your fast reply, but i would first like to repair the pcb and if that fails buy a new one. I am not repairing for commercial use, but just a hobby, so (working) hours don't matter.

rajismine
50 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 3 months ago by rajismine. (3 edits in all)

Feb 06, 2018 05:21 as a reply to  @ johny55's post |  #4

In that case it would be better to try a dead DCDC board for spares from any similar models or a 7D itself, and then take the smd out. This one seems like a capacitor and any small value should be good for testing
https://commons.wikime​dia.org/wiki/File:SMD_​capacitor.jpg (external link)

As far as i know, the OEM for most of these is Littlefuse (http://www.littelfuse.​com/ (external link))

Ramon-uk
608 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Mar 2006
Post edited 3 months ago by Ramon-uk.

Feb 06, 2018 05:21 |  #5

The white ones are capacitors and the black ones with writing on are resistors, it is difficult to tell from your picture but these 2 look like capacitors. You could measure the value of similar sized ones on the board or do it by trial and error, I would suggest a starting value of about 100nf. It is quite possible that the board will work without them if they are just capacitors put there to reduce electronic noise.

Resoldering small components with a hot air blower is not a good idea, but I guess you have found that out.

johny55
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Feb 06, 2018 05:25 as a reply to  @ rajismine's post |  #6

Yes, you are right. If someone can tell me what it is, i can solder new ones on it, because i do have a box with different smd's.
The value of the smd might be printed on the sma, something like 102 meaning 1.000
But a broken print would also be ok.

johny55
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Dec 2017
Post edited 3 months ago by johny55.

Feb 06, 2018 05:31 as a reply to  @ Ramon-uk's post |  #7

Heheheh...it was my first try hot air soldering....i replaced the IC, and instad of heathing it up, and pick it, i moved it over the board and then smd came from their soldering point, and then got 'airborn'.
i can laugh about my own stupidty, because i should have known. But....the one who never tries will never make mistakes.

BTW... we chatted before about my Canon 100-400......this was the camera i bought.
It has the same dirt in it as the lens, but not as much. I have no idea what they did. Maybe stored both in a damp closet.

rajismine
50 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 3 months ago by rajismine.

Feb 06, 2018 05:33 as a reply to  @ johny55's post |  #8

I dont think canon writes part numbers on these things..not even in their technical service manuals

UPDATE: Got to this from some wild internet search..I am not sure but can help may be:
https://www.mouser.com …=rKqJIm0tnYF8kx​9BJ1gVOg== (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links

610 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon EOS 7D Power board CG2-2538
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.