Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras
Thread started 09 Feb 2018 (Friday) 22:30
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Fuji X-H1 with IBIS

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,488 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Death Star
Feb 09, 2018 22:30 |  #1

http://www.fujirumors.​com ...release-images-mk-lenses/ (external link)

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links
Osa713
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Feb 09, 2018 23:14 |  #2

You beat me to it :lol:

I told myself no more bodies/glass this year :cry:

For bigger handed folks like myself the ergonomics look crazy good.

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

Osa713
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Post has been edited 7 days ago by Osa713.
Feb 09, 2018 23:18 |  #3

IMAGE: https://www.fujirumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Back-1.jpg

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
Vancouver, BC
Feb 11, 2018 01:13 |  #4

The X-H1 with same tiny battery I do question the "camera uptime" of this battery. I wonder if the "cusioned" IBIS sensor will consume more Juice as it's already acceptable as it is right now without IBIS. The battery booster will make this thing a beast probably bigger than a Nikon D850.

I was really hoping that Fuji would put a new sensor that would have been for the next "XT-3" :(

I want to see this body first hand at a local Fuji event. I'm holding out for the next XT3 hoping for a sensor that has better high iso performance so that I can push faster shutter speeds for low light shooting.

If the X-H1 has the same price as the introductory price of the X-t2 this body will be appealing. I'm speculating it's suppose to be much higher. I still think the X-t3 in the future will meet the criteria for most loyal Fuji shooters as the Fuji culture of small bodies. GFX for most Fuji shooters seems to be still too rich$$$ for the average hobbyist photog or even hired events photogs. For product the GFX is the cheap camera for the medium format world. X-H1 isn't really doesn't have features most "smaller bodied" fuji shooters need. X-H1 needs to improve alot to even compete with the current videographer current tools.

Looking forward to see what Fuji shooter will do with the X-H1. It's a body getting closer to the full frame mirrored world "large body size" that arguably pushed people to Fuji/Sony mirrorless in the first place.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 80D | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | 100L | EF-S 10-22 | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 10-24 f/4.0 | 55-200 | EF-X500

Owain ­ Shaw
Some of my best friends are people.
Joined Aug 2006
Valencia, Spain.
Feb 11, 2018 02:38 |  #5

Not for me, Clive. I'm precisely one of those people who was interested in Fuji for the small form-factor - but there might be people who are the opposite and aren't so keen to abandon their DSLRs because they like having a larger camera in their hand. In Body IS and Fuji ergonomics (though I prefer the design of the X-Pro and think Fuji need to stick to their guns on using the manual dials rather than adding screens that tell you the same information) on a larger body might still be attractive to some and I can see the temptation for Fuji to try and have a product for everyone. We'll see how this one works for them but it isn't something that would interest me particularly.

| Photographic for the People - New website coming soon. |
| Gear | Flickr (external link) |

Osa713
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Feb 11, 2018 12:50 |  #6

I can't speak for everyone but I didn't switch to mirrorless because of size. The overall user experience and the technology is what brought me to Fuji.:lol:

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

Owain ­ Shaw
Some of my best friends are people.
Joined Aug 2006
Valencia, Spain.
Post has been edited 6 days ago by Owain Shaw.
Feb 11, 2018 15:30 |  #7

For me it was a little bit of everything. This camera isn't for me, and nor was it likely to have been aimed at someone like myself from Fuji's part, but I'm happy with the one I have bought, and their lenses.

| Photographic for the People - New website coming soon. |
| Gear | Flickr (external link) |

rantercsr
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2014
Feb 11, 2018 15:34 |  #8

Yeah.. I guess you guys are right .. I probably should pre-order this camera

I

Canon / Fuji / Sony / Pentax (Gear subject to change by the minute )
https://www.instagram.​com/shotbypops/ (external link) MYflickr (external link)

welshwizard1971
Goldmember
1,284 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Southampton Hampshire UK
Feb 11, 2018 15:48 |  #9

I think this is very clever, for me I haven't made the jump to mirrorless as they feel too small, too insignificant, they felt more like toys, and that I could drop it. Also, it just felt so odd, too alien, I just didn't feel comfortable using it full stop ( That's Sony and Fuji ). This has a 'proper' grip so it'll feel comfortable to anyone coming from a DSLR, also, a display on the top, again, something they're used to. I can see this tempting a lot of the 'not convinced' away from DSLR's to the Fuji brand, which includes me. I look forward to handling it.....

5DIII, 40D, 16-35L 35 ART 50 ART 100L macro, 24-70 L Mk2, 135L 200L 70-200L f4 IS
Hype chimping - The act of looking at your screen after every shot, then wildly behaving like it's the best picture in the world, to try and impress other photographers around you.

Osa713
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Feb 11, 2018 15:50 |  #10

rantercsr wrote in post #18561556 (external link)
Yeah.. I guess you guys are right .. I probably should pre-order this camera

I

Lol... how are you liking the Sony btw?

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

Osa713
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Feb 11, 2018 15:54 |  #11

Fuji is smart, they continue to make modern cameras that carry their core DNA.

It will be tempting to DSLR folks that want something new and are willing to rethink the way they shoot.

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

rantercsr
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2014
Post has been edited 6 days ago by rantercsr.
Feb 11, 2018 16:09 |  #12

Osa713 wrote in post #18561566 (external link)
Lol... how are you liking the Sony btw?

The 7r3 produces beautiful raw files.. really enjoy editing the raws.41mp. And incredible DR!
Eye af!
The only native lens I have currently is the 28f2.

I will be honest it is tempting to go all sony.. because of its awesome IQ ,,but as far as the shooting experience i enjoy my fuji system more ..the dials , lenses with aperture rings etc .

So i guess its like i want to shoot my fuji but i want to edit the sony files .
(That's not saying the fuji files suck or sony usability is horrible .. just that they both are best in diff3rent areas for my taste))

I think if anything the rest of my canon stuff is going .. maybe

Canon / Fuji / Sony / Pentax (Gear subject to change by the minute )
https://www.instagram.​com/shotbypops/ (external link) MYflickr (external link)

bobbyz
Cream of the Crop
18,608 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Bay Area, CA
Post has been edited 6 days ago by bobbyz.
Feb 11, 2018 20:59 |  #13

So i guess its like i want to shoot my fuji but i want to edit the sony files .

That's why I shoot GFX. I don't need high ISOs and for everything else it is one of the best. 110mm f2 rocks. Just wish eye AF was better and Fuji offered more f2 glass.

For me XT1's small form factor was nice but heft of GFX helps in hand holding with its 1/125 max sync speed. I am surprised at super sharp shots at 1/125. Couldn't do with 85L on my 5dmk3.

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2014
Ireland
Feb 12, 2018 18:30 as a reply to rantercsr's post |  #14

Bobby beat me to it.
And as a plus you get 51Mpx in an even larger sensor :)

Also another plus a lot of your FF lenses will fill the frame, more or less, of the GFX and you can get an AF adaptor if you really need it. Just think a 35/2 on a MF sensor....

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
flickr (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
Vancouver, BC
Feb 12, 2018 22:58 |  #15

GFX is simply an extremely niche camera. It can be used for many applications but still it's a very niche system that most still shooters/hobbyist cannot justify in cost for more universal application.

This is where a portrait photog shooting static models will love the GFX. The X-H1 will be a frankenstein X-t2 with IBIS with no better image quality, iso performance or difference in shallow dof and same tiny small mAH battery!!!! It'll be just as bulky as a DSLR and even bigger with a battery booster to be of any use for any serious extended video shooting.

The A7Rmk3 / D850 shooter is "bulky" like a GFX but those are also entirely different tools. However the difference is even with tighter pixel density the full frame shooter can still benefit with the jam packed MP on the Full frame sensor real estate with killer high iso performance. Different gear with strengths and weakness.

X-H1 on the otherhand I sure wish Fuji pulled a new crop sensor out of the hat and introduce IBIS. That alone screams "WAIT for a X-H1 mk2 with more video features". Not impressed with the specs of the X-H1 as it uses an old sensor on a new body.

Since it's almost imperative for me to shoot my X-t2 with battery booster the Fuji world for me isn't really small. If I had the justification and disposable income to buy the GFX I would love to rock that body as I use the spider holster to carry my bodies. The X-H1 will very likely cost a lot more than the X-t2 (debut price). This is where "Casually" lugging a 5dmk3/mk4 isn't that much more heavier than lugging my Fuji X-t2 with battery booster pack (ie X-t2 with slow f/4 10-24mm, 56mm vs 5dmk4 with 16-35 f/2.8mk2, 100L f/2.8IS) I'm not ignorant as will admit when I'm shooting a large gig with more lenses the Canon is getting much more heavier.

In the end it doesn't matter what I like or what others use. X-t3 and battery booster is much more logical for my uses since video is a "fun" feature. I still feel my dual pixel tech in my Canon gear is still better than my X-t2 AF for video.

Fun!!! Fun!!!

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 80D | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | 100L | EF-S 10-22 | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 10-24 f/4.0 | 55-200 | EF-X500

sponsored links

1,363 views & 58 likes for this thread
Fuji X-H1 with IBIS
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.