Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews 
Thread started 21 Feb 2018 (Wednesday) 09:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND lbridges (showing now: lbridges)
Overall Rating9
Value for Money9
Must Have7
Got What I Expected9.5
Build Quality10
Carrying Comfort9
Fast Shooting9
Compartment Logic5
Weather Protection9
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for sample photos and more info.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Tenba DNA 15 Messenger Bag

Tenba DNA 15 Messenger Bag, reviewed by lbridges

124 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Feb 21, 2018 09:36 |  #1

Picked up a "Special Edition" Tenba DNA 15 slim messenger bag to replace an older Tenba Messenger that had seen better days. Overall I would say the bag meets my expectations for a messenger bag with one exception. On the outer side of the front flap there are two zippered compartments, both almost the full depth of the flap. They are not equally sized. If looking at the bag the compartment on the right is too narrow to get my hand into and so deep that I can't retrieve anything unless I find something tall and skinny to put in there.

Otherwise the special edition waterproofing exceeds the standard DNA version. The latch system would foil most anyone who had never used it before so it's pretty secure for a messenger bag. It has the add-on strap is you were to want it secure on your back. Effortlessly holds a Canon 5D MK III with a RRS L bracket (normally with a 16-35 mounted), 300mm f/4, and a 24-105 f/4 plus a few other items. There's room so a 580 flash can fit outside the removable camera bag - but still inside the over all bag - or else you would have to give up a lens.

Interesting that on the special anniversary edition they provide two different colors of the Velcro dividers. Tall ones are blue (unique to the special edition), short ones are the "normal" color.

Strap has some silicon "beads" on the pad section to help keep the bag from slipping off a shoulder.

Bottom line - if you ever used (and liked) a Tenba messenger before the DNA bag will work well for you (excepting that dumb little pocket on the front flap).

119 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Feb 21, 2018 09:46 |  #2

Just recently purchased the Tenba 15 from Adorama. I keep my 5Diii with the 70-200ii and 24-70 along with my 600ex-rt flash. Room to spare. The spare room will soon be taken up by the new 85L 1.4

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

203 views & 2 likes for this thread
Tenba DNA 15 Messenger Bag, reviewed by lbridges
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews 
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.