Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 07 Apr 2018 (Saturday) 13:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Track at a distance

Dave3222
Goldmember
1,335 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 08, 2018 17:15 |  #16

airfrogusmc wrote in post #18602629 (external link)
If you ask 5 different photographers about how to crop you will most likely get 5 different opinions. What's important and is part of what can make your work different from other is the way you crop (or compose) because there is no one right or wrong way just what is right for you and the particular situation.

He did ask for others opinions on this image. What he chooses to do in the end is his choice

sponsored links
airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
35,522 posts
Gallery: 127 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Apr 08, 2018 17:21 |  #17

Dave3222 wrote in post #18602657 (external link)
He did ask for others opinions on this image. What he chooses to do in the end is his choice

Exactly and I gave my advice and clear reason why I feel that way.

duckster
THREAD ­ STARTER
99 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined May 2017

Apr 08, 2018 17:33 |  #18

I appreciate all opinions. I am a hobby photographer and very new at it so I will take all the feedback I can get. I take pictures of stuff I find interesting and photos of sports (mostly track and cross country because that is what my daughter does). Thanks to anyone who cares to opine....

Butts
I coulda shoulda woulda
374 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 09, 2018 04:21 |  #19

Colour version, a little more time spent on it. Agree with Dave adding some space.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

duckster
THREAD ­ STARTER
99 posts
Joined May 2017

Apr 09, 2018 14:42 as a reply to  @ Butts's post |  #20

The solid background does give it a different "feel"

Butts
I coulda shoulda woulda
374 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 09, 2018 18:36 |  #21

duckster wrote in post #18603222 (external link)
The solid background does give it a different "feel"

Duckster agree, but now I feel its "devoid of emotion" and too blank/plain.

Could always mask in an interesting background over the top, but could keep doing this sort of thing till the cows come home!  :p

duckster
THREAD ­ STARTER
99 posts
Joined May 2017

Apr 09, 2018 18:57 as a reply to  @ Butts's post |  #22

Yes, sometimes the varied backgrounds at sports venues give it the “feel” while not being as photographically “perfect”

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
35,522 posts
Gallery: 127 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007
Post edited 1 month ago by airfrogusmc. (2 edits in all)

Apr 09, 2018 20:01 |  #23

The problem with doing major alterations like that with sports is; why not then move the jumper higher in the frame to make it look like she is jumping higher or add someone else in the frame, etc? I think things like sports or PJ shouldn't be alter. But in my opinion, what is most important, is how well the entire original image works visually as I explained in post #4 on pg 1 of this thread.

sponsored links

876 views & 3 likes for this thread
Track at a distance
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.