Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 10 Apr 2018 (Tuesday) 19:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

So bummed...

Grumpy_one
572 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2008
Post edited 16 days ago by Grumpy_one.

Apr 10, 2018 19:08 |  #1

So I figured out my next purchase, just to find out Cheetahstand is out of just about every ricebowl, soupbowl modifier I want. QSB 34 was top of the list. Still is. Available April 30. My next shoot, May 6. I'll have to make do with my old, really old stuff. Pulled the trigger on Godox lighting, couple of AD600's and a few AD200's. Be here next couple of days. Sure wish the modifiers were going to be here too...oh well.

I shoot Canon's
1DX II, Canon 7D Gripped, 5D3, 24-70L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS Mk I, 85 1.8, Pocket Wizard II triggers, assorted speedlites and modifiers, 580EX, 580EXII, YN560's (6 or so) 50 1.4, t/c 1.4 MkII
www.happyvalleyphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,159 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 10, 2018 20:28 |  #2

In the past it seems that Ed was conservative about his arrival dates. I think he pads them a little so that he can inspect everything before shipping it out.

That is just my impression, and I have no real knowledge about his process, but you should definitely send him an email and explain your tight schedule.

Include your phone number in the email, he's been known to just pick up the phone after reading a customer email.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Angmo
looks like I picked a bad week to give up halucinagens
799 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Dec 2015

Apr 10, 2018 20:33 |  #3

If you were in AZ, I’d lend to you. But I’ve got Elinchrom mounts.

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms, Billinghams

Grumpy_one
THREAD ­ STARTER
572 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2008
Post edited 16 days ago by Grumpy_one.

Apr 10, 2018 23:33 |  #4

Angmo wrote in post #18604252 (external link)
If you were in AZ, I’d lend to you. But I’ve got Elinchrom mounts.

Thanks, appreciate the offer

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #18604249 (external link)
In the past it seems that Ed was conservative about his arrival dates. I think he pads them a little so that he can inspect everything before shipping it out.

That is just my impression, and I have no real knowledge about his process, but you should definitely send him an email and explain your tight schedule.

Include your phone number in the email, he's been known to just pick up the phone after reading a customer email.

Done...

I shoot Canon's
1DX II, Canon 7D Gripped, 5D3, 24-70L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS Mk I, 85 1.8, Pocket Wizard II triggers, assorted speedlites and modifiers, 580EX, 580EXII, YN560's (6 or so) 50 1.4, t/c 1.4 MkII
www.happyvalleyphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

708 views & 0 likes for this thread
So bummed...
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.