Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 24 Apr 2018 (Tuesday) 15:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CHANGE.ORG request to camera manufacturers for RAW histograms

_GUI_
345 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Post edited 1 month ago by _GUI_.

Apr 24, 2018 15:29 |  #1

Hi all, if you think having RAW histograms on your camera could be a good idea (just like Magic Lantern achieves on some Canons), think of signing and spreading this request among your photographic contacts, other forums, social networks or any place related to photography:

https://www.change.org …rters&utm_mediu​m=copyLink (external link)

IMAGE: http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/histogram/rawhis.gif

Who knows? some camera maker could be listening and the others would probably follow. If we manage to get a good amount of feedback I'll try to inform the main brands. To achieve that is important that this message spreads as much as possible to a photographic audience. This is an historical request from RAW shooters. Would be nice that those signing the request would post on this thread to keep it alive as long as possible.

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.ph​p?topic=33267 (external link)

Rergards

http://www.guillermolu​ijk.com (external link) to subscribe click here (external link)

sponsored links
Pekka
El General Moderator
17,496 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Apr 24, 2018 15:45 |  #2

I signed this.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

_GUI_
THREAD ­ STARTER
345 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Post edited 28 days ago by _GUI_.

Apr 26, 2018 13:45 |  #3

Pekka wrote in post #18612772 (external link)
I signed this.

Thanks Pekka!
Anyone else wants to have a RAW histogram? no more guessing, what it's blown on the camera it's blown on the RAW file, and what it isn't in the camera isn't in the RAW file at home.

Regards

http://www.guillermolu​ijk.com (external link) to subscribe click here (external link)

eddieb1
756 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Apr 26, 2018 14:20 |  #4

I just signed. Good idea

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,879 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

May 19, 2018 19:57 |  #5

I signed it, but it seemed to not be satisfied with my signature.

It tried to get me to give money to the site and then it tried to get me to share it on Facebook. . It was confusing because it made me think that maybe my signature doesn't actually get recorded unless I give them money or share via Facebook. . It would be nice to have some sort of confirmation that it recorded my signature even though I declined to do anything more.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,044 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 20, 2018 21:24 |  #6

I signed. It appears that I did so with no problems.
I refused to contribute the $3,
and declined to login to facebook to verify my existence.
Nonetheless, it appears my signature was recorded.

Website (external link) |

_GUI_
THREAD ­ STARTER
345 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Post edited 2 days ago by _GUI_. (2 edits in all)

May 22, 2018 05:51 |  #7

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18628603 (external link)

I signed it, but it seemed to not be satisfied with my signature.

It tried to get me to give money to the site and then it tried to get me to share it on Facebook. . It was confusing because it made me think that maybe my signature doesn't actually get recorded unless I give them money or share via Facebook. . It would be nice to have some sort of confirmation that it recorded my signature even though I declined to do anything more.

Hi Tom, I have no way to find out if your vote got recorded. Actually this is my first change.org request ever, and know little about its inner workings. Those 3EUR some are reporting to be requested have nothing to do with me or my request, so my recommendation is to do no economical contribution since I have no idea where that money goes for.

Thanks a lot to all who signed, as soon as we reach 600 votes I'll send some emails to camera brands.

Regards

PS: CORRECCTION: your vote was correctly received, I have seen it in the last CHANGE.ORG update email:

"Camera manufacturers: Include RAW histograms on digital cameras
Has inspirado a 3 amigos a firmar esta petición.

Tom Reichner, Scott Carr, y duncan courtier."

sponsored links

540 views & 3 likes for this thread
CHANGE.ORG request to camera manufacturers for RAW histograms
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.