|18th of April 2001 (Wed)||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2001
G1 Auto Focus ??'s
I am new to digital photography. I recently borrowed a Nikon 990 from a friend for a few days.
I was disapointed with two things on the camera.
1. It seemed to take much longer to focus than my
2. It was unable to focus in low light. Ugh!!!!
I am considering buying a G1, but would like to know the following:
1. Does the G1 focus quicker than the 990?
2. How well does the Focus assist work on the G1?
3. How dark can a room/subject be?
4. What is the range of the focus assist?
5. Is there a problem with the focus assist light showing up on the photograph.
6. Does another digital camera do a better job at auto-focusing in low light
|27th of April 2001 (Fri)||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2001
Re: G1 Auto Focus ??'s
When I was buing my new digicam, i borrowed
Nikon 950 for 3 weeks and found out the same,
it was sometimes unable to focus in low light.
So I bought G1.
Focus assist works fine, I can't remember any missed
pics in any condition.
I don't know the range, it just works ok.
You can't see the light in pics, cause it focuses BEFORE
the camera takes the pic.
I had earlier Oly3000 where the focus worked fine,
but I sold it after having BIG PROBLEMS with
smartmedia cards. But thats another story.....
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|any way to lock auto focus on center focus point?||mpdej8||Canon EOS Digital Cameras||19||23rd of October 2008 (Thu) 08:43|
|New problem with 30d- auto focus in AI Focus metering mode||Matt Stoltz||Canon EOS Digital Cameras||10||11th of January 2007 (Thu) 20:50|
|How auto focus with Single Focus Point||Gaylord H||Canon EOS Digital Cameras||6||1st of August 2006 (Tue) 20:05|
|10d auto focus versus 300d auto email@example.com||Canon EOS Digital Cameras||3||18th of May 2004 (Tue) 16:30|
|Manual Focus vs. Auto-Focus||jimmyd||Canon EOS Digital Cameras||3||15th of September 2003 (Mon) 17:09|