Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th of April 2006 (Tue)   #1
Sam
Goldmember

Default Very happy Canon customer.

Not EOS related but it does involve Canon.

I have a ZR series camcorder that just up and died on me. I called Canon and they are aware of some models having an issue with the CCD. They are sending me prepaid shipping and will be repairing my camera free of charge even though the warranty is long expired.

Sometimes I am amazed at the simple things in life. If anyone has a ZR series camcorder be sure to call if you experience any issues.

My problem was a very distorted image, others report a black screen.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of April 2006 (Tue)   #2
Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Very happy Canon customer.

on a slightly related note, a friend bought a Canon scanner recently. It wouldn't install drivers. She called tech support for the store she bought it from. Clueless and no help. She called HP tech support (it was a HP computer). They were one of the farmed out tech support services were someone with a limited command of english reads stuff from a script and tried repeatedly to sell her a $60 support program. She finally called Canon (OK, she should have called them first). It was a US based tech support service with quick response that immediately identified the problem and took her through fixing it. So another good mark to Canon.
Old 11th of April 2006 (Tue)   #3
Sam
Goldmember

Nice to hear that it is common practice, although they did lose out on a sale. I was all ready to buy a new cam corder. My wife was even happy about it.

It may have ended up a Sony HDR-HC1, so maybe they did the right thing

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 12th of April 2006 (Wed)   #4
ayotnoms
Perfect Anti-Cloning Argument

great story but still, a missed opportunity for an HD videocam...

Gear
ayotnoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of April 2006 (Wed)   #5
Sam
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayotnoms
great story but still, a missed opportunity for an HD videocam...
Well, from what I am told my father's day present is going to "blow my socks off" so who knows...