LIST NEARBY THREADS

backlot
Joined Jul 2006
101 posts
bermuda dunes
[MORE/SHARE]

thank you for your quick and informative reply:cool:

Post #16, Jul 27, 2006 23:57:07 as a reply to post 1778373

Visual Literacy is what I am striving for…..
there is no finish line.....

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
tommykjensen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

samsen wrote:
Tommy Do you know how much of pain I personally went through when 1st here?

That is the reason why I created this thread and the other related to same subject.

backlot: See the thread "Where to host my photos" linked in the top post for more info about where to host photos external to the POTN server.

Post #17, Jul 28, 2006 05:39:05 as a reply to post 1778300

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED
Best Regards Tommy
My Photosexternal link -=- about.meexternal link -=- My Facebook, if you add me please send me a pm alsoexternal link
GAPS Africa I 2007 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa II 2008 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa IV 2011 photosexternal link -=- GAPS = Great African Photo Safari

samsen
Cream of the Crop
Joined Apr 2006
6,483 posts
LA
[MORE/SHARE]

Keep up the good work.

LINK to "Where to host my photos"

Post #18, Jul 29, 2006 14:37:29

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen

Liphotoman
Joined May 2006
220 posts
LawnGuyLind, NY
[MORE/SHARE]

Bringing this back, because I have been trying for quite a long tome to post some pics.
In PS I have my pic at 72 dpi, and made the pic size under 200 pixels longest size, which not only makes the pic around 2", but makes it very blurry & distorted. And even then, altho PS tells me it is UNDER 100K, when I upload it I am getting a message that it is a little OVER 100K.
So then I tried a couple of pics using photobucket - get error message that file is too big.
Then tried smugmug - got msg of invalid file.
So now what? I am used to posting pics as attachments that are no more than 640 pixels @ 2dpi, and the files usually fit fine. Likewise, using Photobucket have never received a File Too Big message. But just not working here.
Thanks for any help.

Post #19, Sep 28, 2006 12:19:16

http://liphotoman.smug​mug.comexternal link
Canon 50D, Canon 70 - 300 IS f/4-5.6,
Canon 17 - 55 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400 IS L

I took the road less traveled; now where the heck am I!?

In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2005
19,808 posts
Near Charlotte, NC.
[MORE/SHARE]

Liphotoman wrote in post #2049203external link
Bringing this back, because I have been trying for quite a long tome to post some pics.
In PS I have my pic at 72 dpi, and made the pic size under 200 pixels longest size, which not only makes the pic around 2", but makes it very blurry & distorted. And even then, altho PS tells me it is UNDER 100K, when I upload it I am getting a message that it is a little OVER 100K.
So then I tried a couple of pics using photobucket - get error message that file is too big.
Then tried smugmug - got msg of invalid file.
So now what? I am used to posting pics as attachments that are no more than 640 pixels @ 2dpi, and the files usually fit fine. Likewise, using Photobucket have never received a File Too Big message. But just not working here.
Thanks for any help.

First of all DPI means nothing. A pixel is a pixel, regardless of dpi. Try resizing your image to between 640-800 pixels on the longest side. Then save the image reducing the quality until you are around 90-95kb. This should work great for upoading.

As for linking others will have to help you there.

Post #20, Sep 28, 2006 12:38:01

Mike, The Keeper of the Archive

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

sponsored links
tommykjensen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

See this thread for how to link photobucket images
Tutorial: Where to host my photos?
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=163130

Post #21, Sep 28, 2006 12:57:14

Best Regards Tommy
My Photosexternal link -=- about.meexternal link -=- My Facebook, if you add me please send me a pm alsoexternal link
GAPS Africa I 2007 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa II 2008 photosexternal link -=- GAPS Africa IV 2011 photosexternal link -=- GAPS = Great African Photo Safari

Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
Joined Jul 2005
3,395 posts
Sydney, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

Is it possible to remove a photo that has been uploaded to POTN?
Also , is it possible to replace a photo?
I thought it may be worthwile to save on server space.
Reason I ask is in the following thread I posted a pic showing a lot of spots.
Then to reply to somebody's post , I uploaded a new pic edited to show which spots normally show up when stopped down. So first pic is now not needed.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=222588

I had a go editing , but could not work out how / if I could do that.

Post #22, Oct 02, 2006 04:03:57 as a reply to tommykjensen's post 3 days earlier.

Dave
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/12185187@N00/se​ts/external link
1D4, 1DS2, 1DIIn, 100D, Canon and Sigma lenses.

tommykjensen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

Click on manage attachments below the edit box then you can delete and replace attachments.

Just be carefull not to remove attachments that render a thread useless. I mean a photo share thread with no photos serve no purpose ;-)a

Post #23, Oct 02, 2006 04:50:01

Best Regards Tommy

Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
Joined Jul 2005
3,395 posts
Sydney, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks Tommy. Yes , intention was to replace with a more helpfull pic. I'll keep in mind not to destroy a post :)

Post #24, Oct 11, 2006 07:17:04 as a reply to tommykjensen's post 9 days earlier.

Dave
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/12185187@N00/se​ts/external link
1D4, 1DS2, 1DIIn, 100D, Canon and Sigma lenses.

CliveyBoy
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2005
2,948 posts
Tauranga, NZ
[MORE/SHARE]

How can I upload an image and have it appear to non-registered/non-logged-in users.

In the GKPE Ramblings thread (eg p667ff), there are a number of images, each one of which can be seen by Nikonians who came on our GKPE V trip - except mine! This is embarrassing, as they were my guests.

Post #25, Nov 10, 2006 18:32:06 as a reply to Choderboy's post 1 month earlier.

Clive, and Great G/D Abbie
50D; 580EXII, 430EXII, 550EX, YN568EX; YN-622C controllers
TOYUG v4.09 YN622 Guide https://docs.google.co​m ...7OmmGIg0gMVFpqNkpBY​XBHajAexternal link

tommykjensen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

If you use the forum attach feature guests cannot see them. If guests should be able to see them you need to host them elsewhere and then link them.

See here: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=163130

Post #26, Nov 11, 2006 00:34:42

Best Regards Tommy

sponsored links
CliveyBoy
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2005
2,948 posts
Tauranga, NZ
[MORE/SHARE]

tommykjensen wrote in post #2246499external link
If you use the forum attach feature guests cannot see them. If guests should be able to see them you need to host them elsewhere and then link them.

Thanks, Tommy. I have deleted the uploaded/attached images.

Post #27, Nov 11, 2006 01:36:41

Clive, and Great G/D Abbie
50D; 580EXII, 430EXII, 550EX, YN568EX; YN-622C controllers
TOYUG v4.09 YN622 Guide https://docs.google.co​m ...7OmmGIg0gMVFpqNkpBY​XBHajAexternal link

Sloany
Joined Nov 2006
65 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks for the class, i had all but given up on trying to post a photo. Ken.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos.

Post #28, Nov 22, 2006 16:14:40

Queryman
Joined Oct 2006
33 posts
North Carolina
[MORE/SHARE]

Ok, I must be the only one who is still not able to use the embedding feature. I tested adding [IMG] to the beginning and end of a URL from my photo from Flickr. It didn't work in test post, so I submitted, and no surprise it still didn't work.

Can someone please explain how to embed an image? Does it just not work with Flickr?
Or am I missing something in how I'm applying the [IMG] tags? I just posted under People without success.

Help!

Post #29, Dec 09, 2006 19:28:19

tommykjensen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2004
20,891 posts
Copenhagen, Denmark.
[MORE/SHARE]

Queryman wrote in post #2377959external link
Ok, I must be the only one who is still not able to use the embedding feature. I tested adding [IMG] to the beginning and end of a URL from my photo from Flickr. It didn't work in test post, so I submitted, and no surprise it still didn't work.

Can someone please explain how to embed an image? Does it just not work with Flickr?
Or am I missing something in how I'm applying the [IMG] tags? I just posted under People without success.

Help!

Flickr does work. Have a look here to see how: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=163130

Post #30, Dec 10, 2006 00:46:17

Best Regards Tommy

LIST NEARBY THREADS
82,629 views & 0 likes for this thread
Tutorial: How to attach photos to a post
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES