Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > POTN Member Activities
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th of April 2006 (Sun)   #31
beachgirl

Default Re: POTN WORLDWIDE PHOTO DAY APRIL 29-30 TRAVEL- SOMETHING NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty0
Thanks BG and everyone else. Good pick-up there BG. Yes he is a young'un. They divide the koalas into three different enclosures; The Nursery for the kids, The Working Class enclosures where the working stiffs are, that have to do "cuddling" duties with the Japanese tourists, and The Old Folks Home where the cranky old fart koalas are kept. I unfortunately, identify with the later.

Yes folks....If I were a Koala...this would be me....

One from the "Retirement Village"
Meaty0, You can tell by the eyes, they look like baby eyes. And I'm with ya on the napping koala, I miss napping. What a life!! I love this shot too. Nice work.
BG
beachgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of April 2006 (Sun)   #32
saravrose
"I quit smoking dope"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty0
Thanks BG and everyone else. Good pick-up there BG. Yes he is a young'un. They divide the koalas into three different enclosures; The Nursery for the kids, The Working Class enclosures where the working stiffs are, that have to do "cuddling" duties with the Japanese tourists, and The Old Folks Home where the cranky old fart koalas are kept. I unfortunately, identify with the later.

Yes folks....If I were a Koala...this would be me....

One from the "Retirement Village"
that's hilarious Meaty... it looks like you had a great day..

sari.
a couple of bags and a lot of big ideas
"The shot is in my head before it's in front of my camera...."
saravrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of April 2006 (Sun)   #33
saravrose
"I quit smoking dope"

Okay y'all I will admit this pretty much had me stumped.. and then I remembered that I really haven't worked with my newest lens so, this morning I took it down to the train yard that's about two miles from my house.. I can hear the trains out my bedroom window every two hours or so all through the night.. and since these trains are going places I figured it would fit... here's another first, forgot to change my ISO so i'm fairly certain this was taken at 1600 ..

and then just as I was about to leave my house my little nieces showed up and again decided to put the new glass through some paces and tested it out on them... this is Kenzer about three minutes after she fell into the flower bed in the front yard.. as you can see I was bribing them with hershey's kisses ...what can I say? she's not much of a poser and I figured it would be an easy way to get her to sit still... anyway, it was a good day and I got a few nice shots of the girls.. conclusion. Liking this lens the kit is going in the bottom of that drawer that I have.. the one with the boxes from the stuff i've bought and all those prints that haven't seen the light of day hope you enjoy them...

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #34
beckybun

So I've wanted to take pics by the water near my house, so today I finally went out and did it.

First is a pano of Mt. Tamalpais.

Second is some of the plants at waters edge.

I think I'll have to shoot there again another day b/c I wasn't pleased over all with most of my shots.
Canon 70-200 4.0L
Canon 100 2.8 Macro
Canon 50 1.8 Mk I
Canon 20-35 3.5-4.5
Canon 420EX
UW Alumni
beckybun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #35
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Wonderful shots everyone!

Dave-your food looks yummy! Made me hungry.

Blackviolet, 75D, and sari-I love yiour train shots.

Mike Bell-looks like you had lots of fun. Your WB looks off though.

BLS and Meaty0-Animal shots are always nice to see.

beckybun-I think you should take more pics of the water, especially if it is so close.

I hope to get some time at lunch to post my shots. I didn't get to anywhere new but I did get some new type of shots. I hope they turn out as good as the ones already here.

In2Photos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #36
Mike Bell
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Photos
Wonderful shots everyone!
Mike Bell-looks like you had lots of fun. Your WB looks off though.
What - in all of them? ........

The first was a quick RAW conversion and still needs more work to tone down the burnt out faces (d*mn that Scottish sunlight! ). Not sure what you are seeing wrong with the other two though. Help is always welcome though - fire away!
Canon 5D Mk3, 7D, EF 16-35 f2.8 L MkII, EF 24-105 L, TS-E 17 L, TS-E 24 L, TS-E 45, EF 28 f1.8, EF 50 f1.4, EF 85 f1.8, EF 135 f2 L, EF 70-200 f4 IS L, EF 70-200 f2.8 IS L, EF 100-400 IS L. Sigma 150 EX DG APO Macro. Speedlites 580EX2 & 430 EX. Lee filters.
Visit my web site
Mike Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #37
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell
What - in all of them? ........

The first was a quick RAW conversion and still needs more work to tone down the burnt out faces (d*mn that Scottish sunlight! ). Not sure what you are seeing wrong with the other two though. Help is always welcome though - fire away!
Sorry I should have specified. Mainly the first one. The second maybe just a tad. I am sure once you get some time it will look fabulous.

Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #38
Matoch

Unfortunately I didn't do a single thing that was new this weekend.

It looks like everyone else got some really nice shots though =).

I'll have to make a better effort next time so I have something to post.

James
Matoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #39
saravrose
"I quit smoking dope"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybun
So I've wanted to take pics by the water near my house, so today I finally went out and did it.

First is a pano of Mt. Tamalpais.

Second is some of the plants at waters edge.

I think I'll have to shoot there again another day b/c I wasn't pleased over all with most of my shots.
cat tails! I remember grabbing them when I was little and shaking them really, really hard or scraping them against the ground until all the fuzzies came loose.. great times. Now, however I hate it when my little nieces try to go for them.... crazy mess..didn't bug me as a kid though.....
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #40
tommykjensen
The Admin Dane
"Nobody is safe!"

Great photos.

As Sari mentioned I was in Prague this weekend for the frist time. Probably not the last. It was fun despite flight being delayed, transfered to a new hotel and pouring rain on the arrival night friday. And of course the good weather came today when is was time go home. I will most likely go back to Prague again there is so much to see.

Now to the photos.

First a view over Prague from the Tower at Skt. Vitus cathedral.

somewherenew1.jpg

When It comes to food I am very picky and there is a lot of things I don't like so this Czech meal was also a first for me.

somethingnew1.jpg
tommykjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #41
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Finally got to get my pics ready at lunch again today. This weekend we celebrated my daughter's first birthday. Since I have taken many shots of her and I have actually shot another 1 year old's party I didn't think I could use these but then "something new" came up. We have been eagerly anticipating this event for the obligatory first cake shots, but our daughter surprised us. SHE DOESN'T LIKE CAKE! OR ICE CREAM for that matter. Several members of the family tried to convince her to eat it by showing her but to no avail. So here she is in all her glory. I have never taken a photo of a child who didn't like cake.

Haley-Eating-Cake.jpg

Some family members brought a football (American football ) to the party and I thought I would get a few sports shots in. I have wanted to try out some sports type shots for some time now and this seemed to be about as good as any. So here is my wife's cousin giving the ball the ol' heave.

_MG_4981.jpg

Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #42
condyk
Africa's #1 Tour Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Photos
I have never taken a photo of a child who didn't like cake.
Nice one ... and looking at the colours in that cake she maybe has wisdom beyond her year

condyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #43
Claire
Ikea Wannabee

A child who doesn't like cake OR ice cream OMG. That will be something to tell people later when she's older. I used to hate pizza. I remember being 10 or something like that and visiting our relatives in the US. They ordered pizza for us to the house, and were SHOCKED to hear I didn't like it. I learnt to like it though!

"You too, could easily look like that if you had a squad of mad geeks fussing over you with retouching software"
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #44
In2Photos
Archive Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by condyk
Nice one ... and looking at the colours in that cake she maybe has wisdom beyond her year
Yeah, my wife chose the cake and the icing was quite, well gross. I wanted to go more bland than her but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
A child who doesn't like cake OR ice cream OMG. That will be something to tell people later when she's older. I used to hate pizza. I remember being 10 or something like that and visiting our relatives in the US. They ordered pizza for us to the house, and were SHOCKED to hear I didn't like it. I learnt to like it though!
I don't think she will always dislike these two sweets forever. She is a very good eater normally and eats just about everything we put in front of her. The cake had just too much food coloring which tastes disgusting.

Old 1st of May 2006 (Mon)   #45
peacock

Ok so I did tke this today but it is a bank holiday so still the weekend

The worlds largest cruise liner royal carribeans Freedom of the Seas, she is in southamton for 5 days on her maiden voyage.

The small photo doesnt do her justice , it is very impressive !