Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > People
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th of June 2006 (Sun)   #1
corterlifecrisis

Default prom pictures

i think these are some of the most successful indoor pictures i've ever taken, with one flash on a sync chord bounced off the ceiling. i know there are a couple distracting things behind them, but i'm no good at cloning. i did a little post processing for the background, but that's it. tell me what you think!!

EDIT: before anyone makes comment of his facial expression, that is his normal smile. i don't know, it makes me laugh but that's how he looks, so let him be happy i suppose.
Old 4th of June 2006 (Sun)   #2
basroil
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: prom pictures

no need to clone anything, if you have photoshop cs2, mask out the people in a duplicated layer, then use the lens blur filter. if you have anything else, use another blur filter instead. you'll get the same effect as an expensive f2.8 wide open with a camera that was not at f2.8...

trust me, his smile isn't bad, in all the oof pictures my sister took of my date and i, my mouth was wide open... a goofy smile isn't as bad as showing an open mouth (in all 30 or so shots she took, though she only took that many because she was trigger happy)

pictures could stand to be a bit warmer, after all, they are happy portraits, not funeral home material.
I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List
basroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of June 2006 (Sun)   #3
Titus213
Cream of the Crop

The light on the faces looks pretty good and goofy smile aside the framing isn't bad either. Background is a bit cluttered. His complexion is much paler than hers and yet you managed to get them both looking pretty good. Nice job.

BTW - she more than makes up for his smile. Pretty girl.

Titus213 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 5th of June 2006 (Mon)   #4
corterlifecrisis

thank you both! it wasar so hard to take these because there were about 35 people in that room, 20 of which all wanted to take their own pictures (it rained, thus we were stuck inside). i tried my best, im glad you like them
Old 5th of June 2006 (Mon)   #5
Suedezu

Very good shots!

You have to remove the lamp between them in the second shot! It's really distracting! It's like a third person!