Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds
Thread started 12 Oct 2003 (Sunday) 18:47
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Trusty Wingman....

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,623 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Oct 12, 2003 18:47 |  #1

In a brief burst of photos,. in only this one did there wings end up in perfect sync... looking for all the world like I broke out the clone tool!

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]
http://images.fotopic.​net ...;noresize=1&nos​tamp=1

But no! This is the actual photo (cropped a bit) and the near sunset light cast the shadow of the rightmost Swan's wing and neck on the lefthand Swan's wing to prove it!

EOS 10D with Sigma 50-500mm EX

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sponsored links
Leighow
Goldmember
2,844 posts
Joined Jan 2002
Oct 12, 2003 19:38 |  #2

CDS

This is a very beautiful and remarkable image.

Imagine swans -- I have never seen them in the air before. Plus the colors are so soft and grey.

I might add that I thought that I had done well -- when after the fact -- I noticed in a two- daisy image, that one's pertals were shadowing the others.

Excellent.

TY

HOWIE

stoneylonesome
Barn Stormer
10,460 posts
Joined Aug 2003
Connecticut, USA
Oct 12, 2003 20:31 |  #3

unbelievable shot CDS, no blur, just great focus, That is the million dollar shot :) . How did you say you cloned the other swan and put the shadow on the first ones wing ? :D :D just kidding.

the name is Winston but they call me Sandy
"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Flowing River Photosexternal link

BCdives
605 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Flori-dahh
Oct 12, 2003 20:48 |  #4

BRAVO!

Very nice CDS, always a treat to see your work, and it gets more unbelievable every time.

BTW, where you on a 40ft step ladder when you took that, it looks like and Air to Air photo!

BC

Bean13
257 posts
Joined Aug 2003
Oct 12, 2003 23:02 |  #5

Great capture CDS, as I definitely know how hard it is to try to get birds in flight in focus!

xuxu1
Goldmember
1,202 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Oct 13, 2003 00:15 |  #6

Beautiful shot CDS. What were your camera and lens settings?

Regards
Ed

50D + BG-E2N | 10D + BG-ED3 | Powershot G5 | EF 17-40 f/4 L | EF 24-105 f/4 L IS | EF 70-200 f/4 L IS | EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 100 f/2.8 Macro USM | Speedlite 580EX II | Speedlite 380EX
Giottos MT-9170 Tripod, Giottos MH1001-652 Ballhead, Manfrotto Tripod, Manfrotto Monopod 681B, Lowepro Pro Mag 2 AW, Lowepro Nature Trekker AW II

cA70
410 posts
Joined Aug 2003
Oct 14, 2003 10:17 |  #7

Very good shot, almost looks like a copy n paste in photoshop.

sponsored links

2,158 views & 0 likes for this thread
Trusty Wingman....
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.