thank you all for taking part
it was really good to see the entries
I loved and enjoyed all of them very much
picking a winner is always difficult but thought the one I picked had all the signs that todays living could express..... in many ways
all of the shots were interesting and showed a lot regards signs of the times.
thanks for that and for going to the trouble.
it's never as easy as it seems .....getting the shots
so 'thumbs up' to everyone
'1991 question 'what is a 'com'
it's an excellent picture showing colour modern style and attitude with those ' models' in the window
plus the www.chicos.com
all of that would never have been seen or heard of in 1991
I love the reflections also. showing modern people on the move
all in all very much a 'today' scene, makes it an overall winner
and congratulations for spotting it
'British Vandals 1. Police 0'
it's a terrific shot and capture Terry
I like it very much .
it shows a very strong message of what is happening in some places on occasions
'signs of foreign affairs'
very good shot with a sign for the times certainly
over here TLC usually means 'tender loving care'
so I really appreciate your translation as regards it's meaning when I was connecting 'tender loving care' with OXY
'we don't need no stinking operator'
it's a great shot of the boys enjoying pleasures which were not always in existence
and as rules were made to be broken I would think the 'stop' sign made the trip even more exciting for those three
'tough times, even the boat is for sale'
I loved your colourful shot showing modern day type of market
so much going on and the flowers all around make a beautiful scene for the buyers
whether the boat sells or not
Andrewaa5 .... calling 88
what did you do to the poor butterfly?
I'm afraid to ask was that really how it was
it's a beautiful shot of the butterfly itself and from what I can gather you took it with one hand, the butterfly perched on your other .
maybe it's not your hand
and maybe it is your wonderful artistic design which fulfilled the butterfly's dream (of having 88 painted on it's wing)
no matter, it's a lovely shot
what does 88 mean
'sign to tell date and time'
that certainly is an interesting picture
is it a modern sundial of sorts ?
I never saw one before
again, thank you all very much for taking part
Congratulations to Gewb and to you all
Challenge # 73 - 'Signs of the Times'
Signs (as in signposts) which show how things are changing fast around us.
it can be any zany signposts which would never have been seen years ago
maybe showing directions to some building or places new and different
signs which are modern and upbeat
even over shop fronts, places of entertainment etc
photographed and presented showing them at their very best
the design, the angle and the message
thank you very much
and good luck with the challenge
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, July 3rd 2006
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.