Wisconsin - Illinois members, join us at the Bristol Renaissance Faire August 5th!

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities
Thread started 09 Jul 2006 (Sunday) 21:02   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Curtis ­ N
Master Flasher
Joined Apr 2005
19,130 posts
Northern Illinois, US
[MORE/SHARE]

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
http://www.renfair.com ...graphics/bristol_lo​go.gifexternal link
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

If you are within driving distance of the Chicago/Milwaukee area, please join Big John, my wife Becky N, and me at the Bristol, WI Renaissance Faire on Saturday, August 5, 2006!

No where else will you find so many interesting people to photograph. This event is a people-photographer's dream! The performers at the faire, along with many of the guests, will be in lavish costumes from years-gone-by. These people are accustomed to being photographed, and there will be many photographers there.

This is wholesome family fun where people of all ages play dress-up and have a blast. There is great food and drink, and plenty to see and do. Even a special area for the kids with dozens of rides & games!

Here are the pertinent details:

Date: Saturday, August 5th, 2006. (rain date - August 19th) The park opens at 10:00 am and closes at 7:00 pm.

Location: The Bristol Faire is Literally right on the Illinois-Wisconsin State line, just off I-94. Go hereexternal linkfor directions & mapquest.

Cost: Gate price is $18.95/adult, $9.50/child 5-12, free for children under 5.
You can save 16% if you get your tickets online hereexternal link($15.95/adult, $8.00/child). You'll also need money for food, beer, cigars, souveniers, and kids' rides & games. They do not allow food & beverages to be carried in. All of the shows at the faire are free, but the performers will have their hats out afterward.

What to bring: Your camera, silly! With extra batteries and all your CF cards, you'll need them!

What to wear: Whatever is comfortable. Good shoes for walking. Guys in kilts will fit right in! And I think it would be really great if we all wore an official POTN cap or shirt, which can be purchased here!external link

If you're planning to attend: Please PM me with your real name and cell phone number (and I'll give you mine) so we can better communicate and arrange for POTN group meetings at the faire.

More info: Go to the Bristol Faire website!external link It's packed with information!

Here are some shots from our visit last year:

Interesting people to photograph!
IMAGE: http://performancephoto.us/images/POTN/Renfaire2005.jpg

Jousting and all kinds of music and entertainment!
IMAGE: http://performancephoto.us/images/POTN/Renfaire2005-2.jpg

Make new friends!
IMAGE: http://performancephoto.us/images/POTN/Renfaire2005-3.jpg

What better way to meet fellow POTN members and have fun shooting together!

Post #1, Jul 09, 2006 21:02:02

"If you're not having fun, your pictures will reflect that." - Joe McNally
Chicago area POTN eventsexternal link
Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible external link| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flashexternal link | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculatorexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Cathpah
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2006
4,245 posts
Maine.
[MORE/SHARE]

that sounds like SUCH fun. I almost hope it rains so that I will be around for it the week later for the raindate. (no offense to the other 99% of ppl who hope it most definitely does NOT rain.)

Have a blast!

Post #2, Jul 10, 2006 08:51:19

Fashion + Beautyexternal link | Travelexternal link | Architectureexternal link | Mayhem | Twitter | Facebook | Blogexternal link
the all important tools of the trade
My name is Jeff, and I'm addicted to shadows. "Hiiiiii Jeff."

Sledhed
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2005
2,510 posts
Crete, IL.
[MORE/SHARE]

Hey Curtis - I would love to come but August 5th is my wedding anniversary and I'm not sure how the wife would feel about spending it there, I'll let you know.

Post #3, Jul 10, 2006 14:19:42

Chris
Gear List | Websiteexternal link | Sports Sample Picturesexternal link | Four Seam Imagesexternal link

If you’re good at something, never do it for free. - The Joker

RuggerJoe
Joined Oct 2005
899 posts
Carbondale, IL, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I love the Ren Fair, it's always a good time. Haven't been there in a few years. Always wanted to make a costume for it. Have half of it...just never got around to making the chainmail and sword.

My calendar is clear right now so I should be there.

Post #4, Jul 10, 2006 14:38:39

Joe

Comments / critiques always welcome.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/ruggerjoe/external link
Canon 350D
EF-S 17-85 IS USM | EF 50 1.8 | EF 70-300 IS | 580EX | a couple of kit lenses
All of which are all better than my skills.

MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard
Joined May 2004
2,277 posts
Near Chicago, IL
[MORE/SHARE]

We go to the fair just about every year, it's a great time!

I have to check the calendar and see what the schedule keeper (aka wife) says for that weekend.

Post #5, Jul 10, 2006 14:45:07

Thanks for looking!
-Kevin
Monkeys are the key to the universe. Since I couldn't find an Oompa Loompa, I am employing monkeys to porter my equipment and be my assistants.
Pearls of Wisdom...
Now remember Ralphie, if you're nose bleeds; you're either picking it too much or not enough. - Chief Wiggam
30D, Kit lens, 70-200 f2.8L, Nifty 50, 16-35 f2.8L
***ksmith.smugmug.comexternal link *** LiveJournal Blogexternal link***SportsShooter Member***

sponsored links
Curtis ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
Master Flasher
Joined Apr 2005
19,130 posts
Northern Illinois, US
[MORE/SHARE]

Sledhed wrote:
August 5th is my wedding anniversary and I'm not sure how the wife would feel about spending it there.

What better place to spend your anniversary? There are all kinds of little shops that sell unique jewelry and such - You could buy her something nice, then take her out to eat someplace afterward.

Tell your lovely bride, if she comes, I'll take a portrait of you both and give you an 8x10 as a gift. :)

Post #6, Jul 10, 2006 14:45:33 as a reply to Sledhed's post 25 minutes earlier.

Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible external link| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flashexternal link | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculatorexternal link

andrewhuxman
Cream of the Crop
Joined May 2005
7,834 posts
Rockford Illinois
[MORE/SHARE]

my wife and i plan on being there. speaking of rain when we attended last years it was nice for a about 6 hours then we had tornado sirens going off and man did it rain but still was a nice time

Post #7, Jul 10, 2006 18:12:11

A little L goes a long way.

Canon 7D,40D, gripped,16-35MM 2.8L,24-105MM F4L,70-200MM 2.8 IS USM L,500MM F4L
www.machtwomedia.comexternal link

shakin360
Joined Sep 2005
665 posts
Kenosha, WI
[MORE/SHARE]

I hope I can make it, but my wife is pregnant and actually due the 5th, so we'll see!

Post #8, Jul 13, 2006 00:27:29

www.myspace.com/aophot​ographyexternal link
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/member.php?id=121​511external linkhttp://www.modelmayhem​.com/aophotoexternal link
www.photokenosha.comexternal link

Curtis ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
Master Flasher
Joined Apr 2005
19,130 posts
Northern Illinois, US
[MORE/SHARE]

Shakin,
You're so close to Bristol, if you can't come then we'll just stop by your house for brats & beers afterward! ;)

I hope you can come. Good luck with the impending addition to your family in any case.

Post #9, Jul 13, 2006 01:56:24

shakin360
Joined Sep 2005
665 posts
Kenosha, WI
[MORE/SHARE]

Sounds good to me!

Thanks!

We should have some other outtings sometime.

Post #10, Jul 13, 2006 09:32:45

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/member.php?id=121​511external linkhttp://www.modelmayhem​.com/aophotoexternal link

MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard
Joined May 2004
2,277 posts
Near Chicago, IL
[MORE/SHARE]

Did someone mention the Brat Stop?

Oh no, it was just brats... either way sounds good to me! :lol:

Post #11, Jul 13, 2006 09:39:22

Thanks for looking!
-Kevin
Monkeys are the key to the universe. Since I couldn't find an Oompa Loompa, I am employing monkeys to porter my equipment and be my assistants.
Pearls of Wisdom...
Now remember Ralphie, if you're nose bleeds; you're either picking it too much or not enough. - Chief Wiggam
***ksmith.smugmug.comexternal link *** LiveJournal Blogexternal link***SportsShooter Member***

sponsored links
Sledhed
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2005
2,510 posts
Crete, IL.
[MORE/SHARE]

Looks like we might be there after all, I'll let you know for sure when the date gets closer.

Post #12, Jul 13, 2006 20:04:10

Chris
Gear List | Websiteexternal link | Sports Sample Picturesexternal link | Four Seam Imagesexternal link

If you’re good at something, never do it for free. - The Joker

Curtis ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
Master Flasher
Joined Apr 2005
19,130 posts
Northern Illinois, US
[MORE/SHARE]

Good deal, Sled. I'll put you on my "definite maybe" list. ;)

Post #13, Jul 13, 2006 21:24:27

shakin360
Joined Sep 2005
665 posts
Kenosha, WI
[MORE/SHARE]

Yeah, put me on maybe too. I think she might be coming sooner than expected. :-)

Post #14, Jul 13, 2006 21:33:31

MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard
Joined May 2004
2,277 posts
Near Chicago, IL
[MORE/SHARE]

Oh yeah, me too! The wife said it sounds like a good idea, which is like the first step of an approval process. :roll:

Post #15, Jul 14, 2006 07:53:36

Thanks for looking!
-Kevin
Pearls of Wisdom...

LIST NEARBY THREADS
11,420 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wisconsin - Illinois members, join us at the Bristol Renaissance Faire August 5th!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES