Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > POTN Member Activities
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th of July 2006 (Sun)   #1
Curtis N
Master Flasher

Default Wisconsin - Illinois members, join us at the Bristol Renaissance Faire August 5th!

If you are within driving distance of the Chicago/Milwaukee area, please join Big John, my wife Becky N, and me at the Bristol, WI Renaissance Faire on Saturday, August 5, 2006!

No where else will you find so many interesting people to photograph. This event is a people-photographer's dream! The performers at the faire, along with many of the guests, will be in lavish costumes from years-gone-by. These people are accustomed to being photographed, and there will be many photographers there.

This is wholesome family fun where people of all ages play dress-up and have a blast. There is great food and drink, and plenty to see and do. Even a special area for the kids with dozens of rides & games!

Here are the pertinent details:

Date: Saturday, August 5th, 2006. (rain date - August 19th) The park opens at 10:00 am and closes at 7:00 pm.

Location: The Bristol Faire is Literally right on the Illinois-Wisconsin State line, just off I-94. Go here for directions & mapquest.

Cost: Gate price is $18.95/adult, $9.50/child 5-12, free for children under 5.
You can save 16% if you get your tickets online here ($15.95/adult, $8.00/child). You'll also need money for food, beer, cigars, souveniers, and kids' rides & games. They do not allow food & beverages to be carried in. All of the shows at the faire are free, but the performers will have their hats out afterward.

What to bring: Your camera, silly! With extra batteries and all your CF cards, you'll need them!

What to wear: Whatever is comfortable. Good shoes for walking. Guys in kilts will fit right in! And I think it would be really great if we all wore an official POTN cap or shirt, which can be purchased here!

If you're planning to attend: Please PM me with your real name and cell phone number (and I'll give you mine) so we can better communicate and arrange for POTN group meetings at the faire.

More info: Go to the Bristol Faire website! It's packed with information!

Here are some shots from our visit last year:

Interesting people to photograph!

Jousting and all kinds of music and entertainment!

Make new friends!

What better way to meet fellow POTN members and have fun shooting together!

Last edited by Curtis N : 9th of July 2006 (Sun) at 21:05.
Curtis N is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 10th of July 2006 (Mon)   #2
Cathpah
Goldmember

Default Re: Wisconsin - Illinois members, join us at the Bristol Renaissance Faire August 5th!

that sounds like SUCH fun. I almost hope it rains so that I will be around for it the week later for the raindate. (no offense to the other 99% of ppl who hope it most definitely does NOT rain.)

Have a blast!

Last edited by Cathpah : 10th of July 2006 (Mon) at 12:20.
Cathpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of July 2006 (Mon)   #3
Sledhed
Goldmember

Default Re: Wisconsin - Illinois members, join us at the Bristol Renaissance Faire August 5th!

Hey Curtis - I would love to come but August 5th is my wedding anniversary and I'm not sure how the wife would feel about spending it there, I'll let you know.

If you’re good at something, never do it for free. - The Joker
Sledhed is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 10th of July 2006 (Mon)   #4
RuggerJoe

I love the Ren Fair, it's always a good time. Haven't been there in a few years. Always wanted to make a costume for it. Have half of it...just never got around to making the chainmail and sword.

My calendar is clear right now so I should be there.

Comments / critiques always welcome.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruggerjoe/

Canon 350D
EF-S 17-85 IS USM | EF 50 1.8 | EF 70-300 IS | 580EX | a couple of kit lenses
All of which are all better than my skills.
RuggerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of July 2006 (Mon)   #5
MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard

We go to the fair just about every year, it's a great time!

I have to check the calendar and see what the schedule keeper (aka wife) says for that weekend.

Monkeys are the key to the universe. Since I couldn't find an Oompa Loompa, I am employing monkeys to porter my equipment and be my assistants.

Pearls of Wisdom...
Now remember Ralphie, if you're nose bleeds; you're either picking it too much or not enough. - Chief Wiggam

30D, Kit lens, 70-200 f2.8L, Nifty 50, 16-35 f2.8L

MazerRakhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of July 2006 (Mon)   #6
Curtis N
Master Flasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhed
August 5th is my wedding anniversary and I'm not sure how the wife would feel about spending it there.
What better place to spend your anniversary? There are all kinds of little shops that sell unique jewelry and such - You could buy her something nice, then take her out to eat someplace afterward.

Tell your lovely bride, if she comes, I'll take a portrait of you both and give you an 8x10 as a gift.
Old 10th of July 2006 (Mon)   #7
andrewhuxman
Cream of the Crop

my wife and i plan on being there. speaking of rain when we attended last years it was nice for a about 6 hours then we had tornado sirens going off and man did it rain but still was a nice time

Canon 7D,40D, gripped,16-35MM 2.8L,24-105MM F4L,70-200MM 2.8 IS USM L,500MM F4L
www.machtwomedia.com
andrewhuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of July 2006 (Thu)   #8
shakin360

I hope I can make it, but my wife is pregnant and actually due the 5th, so we'll see!
shakin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of July 2006 (Thu)   #9
Curtis N
Master Flasher

Shakin,
You're so close to Bristol, if you can't come then we'll just stop by your house for brats & beers afterward!

I hope you can come. Good luck with the impending addition to your family in any case.
Old 13th of July 2006 (Thu)   #10
shakin360

Sounds good to me!

Thanks!

We should have some other outtings sometime.
Old 13th of July 2006 (Thu)   #11
MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard

Did someone mention the Brat Stop?

Oh no, it was just brats... either way sounds good to me!

Monkeys are the key to the universe. Since I couldn't find an Oompa Loompa, I am employing monkeys to porter my equipment and be my assistants.

Pearls of Wisdom...
Now remember Ralphie, if you're nose bleeds; you're either picking it too much or not enough. - Chief Wiggam

Old 13th of July 2006 (Thu)   #12
Sledhed
Goldmember

Looks like we might be there after all, I'll let you know for sure when the date gets closer.

If you’re good at something, never do it for free. - The Joker
Sledhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of July 2006 (Thu)   #13
Curtis N
Master Flasher

Good deal, Sled. I'll put you on my "definite maybe" list.
Old 13th of July 2006 (Thu)   #14
shakin360

Yeah, put me on maybe too. I think she might be coming sooner than expected.
Old 14th of July 2006 (Fri)   #15
MazerRakhm
Colonel Mustard

Oh yeah, me too! The wife said it sounds like a good idea, which is like the first step of an approval process.

Pearls of Wisdom...