Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th of July 2006 (Mon)   #1
cav

Default halfway shutter button not working - A85

i have just noticed on my A85 that the focus and such that used to happen when you press the shutter button halfway now nolonger happens. i tried resetting all settings and such and stll no luck...is this a common problem? the camera is only a year and a half or so old and has not been dropped badly or such recently...

any help would be great.
Cheers.
cav is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 17th of July 2006 (Mon)   #2
spelchek

Default Re: halfway shutter button not working - A85

I had similar thing happen on my A85... only on mine, the shutter button was stuck on half-way.. so it would instantly autofocus when u turned it on.. and you coupld not use the zoom lever...

HAd to take it to Canon to have fixed. They did a great job and under warranty
!

----------------------
XTi
18-55 kit lens | 17-85mm IS EF-S | Nifty Fifty (arriving any day now)
spelchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of July 2006 (Mon)   #3
cav

yea...i have yet to check my warranty..i presume its a standard 1 year warranty?...and presumably canon will not have any of it if its out of that year, which it would be by now...?
cav is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of July 2006 (Tue)   #4
sando
Goldmember

A year warrenty is just that... a warrenty lasting a year.

You would need to get it fixed and pay yourself now, canon wont honour a warrenty which has run out.

It may just be a worn-out button, or maybe a loose connection somewhere.