Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental
Thread started 09 Feb 2002 (Saturday) 06:35
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Infrared Tree and Cotton-Candy Clouds

Don ­ Ellis
Goldmember
1,538 posts
Joined Sep 2001
Hong Kong
Feb 09, 2002 06:35 |  #1

I don't know a lot of photography rules so I don't know how many I'm not adhering to here...there's not even a lot of reason to post this picture except that I haven't put one up recently and whenever I run across this image on my computer, I still like it.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Canon G1, 1/10th second, aperture 2.0, Hoya R72

gerry
131 posts
Joined Nov 2001
Feb 09, 2002 09:22 |  #2

you could sell this one

oops
340 posts
Joined Jun 2001
Feb 09, 2002 18:48 |  #3

Don, you're too modest! This is among the top ten best IR images I have ever seen, and I have seen a fine group. The different light values brought out by the IR blend perfectly. Great post.

Don ­ Ellis
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,538 posts
Joined Sep 2001
Hong Kong
Feb 10, 2002 22:20 |  #4

Hi Chris,

Well, it wasn't false modesty...I couldn't really say why I liked it, although I guess you don't have to match something to a template to like it. Thanks very much for your generous comment and your insights.

And Gerry, you may have given me a needed push -- not to sell necessarily, but to see what a picture looks like from a photo output center. I've shot nearly 20,000 pictures with my G1 and G2 since June 2001, have printed only half a dozen on my Epson inkjet and have been promising to take one to a professional shop.

I stopped by one of the centers the other day and was suprised at how few papers exist for photo output (at least at that shop). Since then, I've read that the variety of papers for film reproduction is shrinking, while papers for inkjets are increasing.

In any case, thanks for your input. I'm glad you liked the photo.

2,905 views & 0 likes for this thread
Infrared Tree and Cotton-Candy Clouds
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.