Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 17 Aug 2006 (Thursday) 00:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Please Post Your Billingham Bags!

Haswell
158 posts
Joined Oct 2011
The Toon
Sep 18, 2016 07:40 |  #1501

I hope this is the best place to ask: How waterproof is a Billingham bag?

Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

sponsored links
The ­ Limey
Joined Jan 2006
On my way to Wigan Pier
Sep 18, 2016 08:03 |  #1502

Haswell wrote in post #18131702 (external link)
I hope this is the best place to ask: How waterproof is a Billingham bag?

Never had one leak in 10 years and it never stops raining round here:-)

7D,20D,1V.
24-105L.
17-85.4EF-S,50.1.4.

Haswell
158 posts
Joined Oct 2011
The Toon
Sep 18, 2016 08:07 |  #1503

Thanks for that. Have you ever needed to proof it or is it still "as is"?

Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

The ­ Limey
Joined Jan 2006
On my way to Wigan Pier
Sep 18, 2016 09:01 |  #1504

Haswell wrote in post #18131712 (external link)
Thanks for that. Have you ever needed to proof it or is it still "as is"?

no and theirs hardly a mark on them quick wipe and let dry slowly

7D,20D,1V.
24-105L.
17-85.4EF-S,50.1.4.

2mnycars
Goldmember
2,992 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Canada
Post has been last edited 6 months ago by 2mnycars with reason 'oldtimersdisease'. 2 edits done in total.
Sep 23, 2016 21:21 |  #1505

Why buy a Billingham?
I bought a B. Hadley Digital after a Cape Cod trip
I went to the Cape and stayed in the most easterly hotel in mainland USA. Provincetown. There was no dining room. It was -a long way into town to get a real meal. And a long way back.
I was travelling light. Nikon D300S, grip, 18-200VR. In a TT Retro10

Weather called for an Atlantic storm. I put the rain cover on. I carried that sucker the whole way. Sky screamed rain. Retro10 was the wrong bag for me. Heavy.

Got home. The Hadley Digital was just the right size. I bought it. Weatherproof. light. perfect

Wish I had it on the Cape. Sure would have taken a lot more pics

Dave L
I'm a bagaholic

armyslowrdr
Joined Dec 2012
Jul 25, 2017 15:52 |  #1506

I recently got a Hadley Pro Large in Imperial Blue/Orange interior for 210 shipped straight from Billingham. Careful googling will yield (or did as of a week or so ago yet) a Black Friday page that they have accidently left active. It is not obtainable by searching their actual site. I usually don't luck out like this and there is the disclaimer that they reserve the right to not not honor prices that are obviously incorrect. But if they issue a tracking number AND send a shipping confirmation email it is a done deal. I thought for sure they'd quickly take the page down,,,,but like I stated--last I checked still there.

I've had it out twice to the Austin boardwalk loaded with a 5D Mark IV with 24-70 lens with hood attached, a 70-200 Sigma, and a 100 mm macro, a flash in an outer pocket, and a cable release and memory card wallet. of course there would still be room for 2 more lenses and more accessories given proper insert/padding.

I would not want to load it more due to weight. I found the quick 2 block walk from the vehicle to be fine. Anything lengthy I will wear my think tank belt harness system no matter how dorky it looks.

Like others have stated it is closed by two buckles which must be undone. However the buckles can be left undone without much fear. If I am going to shoot, and then walk a short ways up I might fasten 1 buckle.

So yes there may be more ergonomic or better functioning bags...but I've lusted over Billingham for several eyars now but could not stomach the 500 dollar US plus prices.
I don't think there is a more STYLISH bag. And The Price was Right :)

5D Mark IV, 6D,70D, 3Ti, Original Rebel, G7XMkII, Tamron 150-600, Tamron 15-30, Canon 400 F5.6L, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX DG, Tamron 200-500 F5-6.3, Canon 35 F2, Canon 50 F1.8, Canon EF100 F2.8 USM, Tamron SP 85 F2.8, Tamron SP 10-24 F3.5-4.5, Tamron 28-75 F2.8. Rokinon 12 F2.8. Sirui and Manfrotto tripod and monopod. Canon 600EX-RT, 430EXII, MR 14-EX. Billingham, Tamrac and Peak Design bags.
flickr (external link)

2mnycars
Goldmember
2,992 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Canada
Oct 01, 2017 19:13 |  #1507

Billingham Hadley Digital

I was working out of my car today. I conceded and used my smallest bag. B. Hadley Digital. I was passenger. After all, I was carrying my a6000 with a large lens (24-240 full frame Sony) and RX100-2.

I got lazy and set the bag on the passenger floor. That wasn't a good idea. It spat out my RX100 when I wasn't looking. I found it later with a footprint on the screen

I'm going to have to be more careful. I've been absolutely spoiled by my TT Turnstyle 20. It's easy to work out of. And working from it I've never had it roll over and throw out gear.

Dave L
I'm a bagaholic

o2atoman
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Toronto
Nov 27, 2017 11:07 |  #1508

They are having a Black Friday sale right now and I ordered a L2 for $125. Not so bad! can't wait to get it.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EOS M5 | Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM | Tokina AT-X 124 AF Pro DX 12-24mm f/4 |

sponsored links

569,970 views & 28 likes for this thread
Please Post Your Billingham Bags!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.